2018 Junior Development

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:
Deadpool wrote:Is that assistant coach Tim Smith the former Eels halfback from like 2005?

yep...I did the sports trainer course with him a month ago...great chatting to him

he moved to Melbourne with his wife after playing in England ...his kids play with an nrl Victoria team..pretty cool
Always thought he was a good player, he just had a few problems off the field which seemed to really impact his career. Good to see him moving into coaching now, hopefully it works out for him
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:
sallymay wrote:
Deadpool wrote:Is that assistant coach Tim Smith the former Eels halfback from like 2005?

yep...I did the sports trainer course with him a month ago...great chatting to him

he moved to Melbourne with his wife after playing in England ...his kids play with an nrl Victoria team..pretty cool
Always thought he was a good player, he just had a few problems off the field which seemed to really impact his career. Good to see him moving into coaching now, hopefully it works out for him

He has actually been doing stuff with the 20s for the last 2 and a half years (I knew he had been involved as the sports trainer for the 18s is also the sports trainer for the wolves) he is apparently friends with the new coach. when we got chatting he told us he only started to take it serious last year and did all the coaches first aid and sports trainer courses this year so he can take up more responsibility
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

18s thunderbolts drew 34 all with the mustangs

20s thunderbolts won 54 - 10 vs the mustangs
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone know what has happened to Antonio Sanele? Not named in VRL U18???
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I assume he is injured
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cool to see Cooper Johns top of the leader board in points
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mal meninga 18s
VICTORIA THUNDERBOLTS 10 lost to TWEED HEADS SEAGULLS 42
Haele FINAU and Mali LEPOU got the trys

this was a pretty bad game from the get go the had no go forward and 5 tackle options were really poor

Hasting Deering Colts...under 20s
VICTORIA THUNDERBOLTS 36 beat TWEED HEADS SEAGULLS 16
Tino FA'ASUAMALEAUI 2 trys
Trent TOELAU 2 trys
Iliesa RATUVA (28m)
Derek MAOTA (34m)
Christopher SCHWALGER (67m)

Cooper Johns 5 goals

Happened to be standing next to trish johns Mattys wife coopers mum. she and matt are sharing the opportunity to come/go watch cooper play when matts not working he will go watch him she will go to all other games

this game was interesting it was nill all for the first 26 minutes their kicking game was all over the place due to the wind..the number 9 was very good (looked him up after I got home Trent TOELAU I guess a name to watch)
the team did well after the first 25 minute when they got 4 trys at the end of the first half....the second half was ok the fell asleep and let in 3 trys to end the game

2 best players on the field were Matt stimson and kaylob milne great off loads leading to heaps of trys
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22 wrote:VICTORIA U15 SCHOOLBOYS TRIALISTS
http://websites.sportstg.com/get_file.cgi?id=36397229
VICTORIA SCHOOLBOYS U15 Train On Squad
http://websites.sportstg.com/get_file.cgi?id=36407226
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

congrats Harry and Zavier
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both 18s and 20s won today beating easts tigers

18s won 28-16 now 10th on the table
20s won 50-6 First on the ladder and they did it without Cooper Johns who pulled out just b4 the game
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

VICTORIA U18 SCHOOLBOYS TRAIN ON SQUAD
http://websites.sportstg.com/get_file.cgi?id=36424269
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From earlier this week...

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ons-level/

Cooper Johns steps up to Falcons level
melbournestorm.com.au
Mon 16 Apr 2018

Young Storm playmaker Cooper Johns made his debut at feeder level on the weekend as the Falcons fell just short to the Townsville Blackhawks 18-20 at home.

Johns made the step up after showing great promise for the Victorian Thunderbolts in the Queensland Under-20s competition.

The 18-year-old admitted it was a step up in intensity but held his own at five-eighth.

"Obviously the physicality was up a bit from playing under-20s but it was really good, a lot of fun playing with the boys,” Johns told the South Burnett Times.

"That's been my goal… to impress the coaches enough to come up here and play with the Falcs.

“After a big pre-season with the NRL squad, it's really got me prepared for playing against men, with the physicality of the game.

"So it was really good and I'm looking forward to hopefully keeping that spot there.”

The Falcons looking to have taken the points with a try in the 72nd minute however the Blackhawks struck at the death courtesy of a grubber kick to snatch the win.

Despite the result, there was plenty of promising with three Thunderbolts; Johns, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and Harry Grant all taking another step forward in their development.

“They are all young guys and that was a really good experience for them, playing against a really experienced Intrust Super Cup side,” Falcons coach Craig Ingebrigtsen said.

“They applied themselves really well, I am really proud of them.

“I am really excited for these young blokes. We get to be part of their journey as NRL players, that is our job.”