Cam Smith - 356 Games

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Danger D wrote:
Deadpool wrote: Michael Jordan is regarded as the best basketball player of all time.
Better than Ben Simmons? :P
Jordan is not as good as Bill Russell.

11× NBA champion (1957, 1959–1966, 1968, 1969)
5× NBA Most Valuable Player (1958, 1961–1963, 1965)
12× NBA All-Star (1958–1969)
NBA All-Star Game MVP (1963)
NBA All-Defensive First Team (1969)
4× NBA rebounding champion (1958, 1959, 1964, 1965)
NBA 50th Anniversary Team
NBA 35th Anniversary Team
NBA 25th Anniversary Team

Is Smith better than Clive Churchill?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stop dude please
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Stop dude please
lol
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'll answer my own question. Cameron Smith is better than Clive Churchill.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:I'll answer my own question. Cameron Smith is better than Clive Churchill.
You're comparing a hooker to a fullback who played more than 50 years apart.

Yeah okay.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I will further my comments by saying Cam is better than anyone else who ever played the game.

GOAT
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did everyone catch Smithy on the Matty Johns show last night? It was quite a good show. Smithy was a good sport, making a bit of fun of himself and offered commentary on a fair few issues.

Will Chambers and Finchy on the Professors show were also hilarious. Hindmarsh was doing his usual bitching and complaining about 2009, Finchy pointed out the hypocrisy in Hindmarsh bitching given that Finchy was being paid under the table by both Storm and Eels at the same time.

God I love Finchy.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Did everyone catch Smithy on the Matty Johns show last night? It was quite a good show. Smithy was a good sport, making a bit of fun of himself and offered commentary on a fair few issues.

Will Chambers and Finchy on the Professors show were also hilarious. Hindmarsh was doing his usual bitching and complaining about 2009, Finchy pointed out the hypocrisy in Hindmarsh bitching given that Finchy was being paid under the table by both Storm and Eels at the same time.

God I love Finchy.
Yep...it was hilarious.

The learn to sledge like William Chambers CD ... BWAHAHAHHA

Finchy is great man...so glad we had him at our Club.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Totally agree with the respect for Finchie.

There are very few of the Sydney "mafia" media who sell the Melbourne Storm in a positive light and not as the "bad boy" enemy from Mexico to be despised. Infact there is one, Finchie.

And he is smarter than people give him credit for.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cameron Smith is a machine, His service from DH is sublime. Check out the width and accuracy of his passes on BOTH sides.

Cameron Smith passing accuracy is such a skill that is often overlooked in our game. He provides room for his support players and rarely jolts the attack that keeps the Storm powering forward like a well oiled machine. Most 9’s can’t consistently deliver the ball with speed and accuracy to match the style of play we want to play today. I rate the Shark’s Jayden Brayley as the only other 9 that compares anywhere near Smith for passing speed & accuracy passing both sides , from the 9 position.

Seriously though the difference a great pass from dummy half does to an attack for a team is chalk and cheese. Don’t want to keep on about the Dogs but Lichaa in that game against the Roosters was really slow to release and gave his halves no time at all. Another good passing nine is Slade Griffin at the Knights and its no wonder Brown has gone with him instead of Levi who is likely to be the next Kiwi hooker.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No one has ever overlooked how good Smith is as a passer. In fact many people talk about how his good service has improved the players around him.

Also lol at calling Slade Griffin good after talking about how slow another player's release was. High comedy!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Griffin has become another player at Newcastle and he has reinvented himself. He learnt a lot from Cameron Smith down here in Melbourne and the swiftness of his passing is a big reason for the Knights early season successes.

Occasionally people do under-estimate Cam Smith. He is the GOAT

And he holds himself so well. He is an everyday man and fits in perfectly well with any crowd he is in. His performance on the Matt Johns show was top notch. We should be proud that he is our ambassador.

As he said on the Show, when he came down to Melbourne, the Storm had little respect from the mainstream. Not any more. And a lot of that has to do with our Cam.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:and the swiftness of his passing is a big reason for the Knights early season successes.
GTFO of here... Griffin's toughness and immense work ethic have held him in good regard, early on in 2018. His passing has always been, and will always be slow from DH.

Unlike most other dummy halves, Griffin collects the ball, looks where he wants to pass, then executes. Other DHs pass in the motion of collecting the ball. That fraction of a second delay makes a noticeable difference to ruck speed and often sees his runner passing him by the time he releases the ball, putting at greater risk a call of forward pass.

Say what you want about Griffin, he has been very good in 2018, but DH passing speed is not something you can claim with any credibility.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Whatever; the package Griffin has given Newcastle has been outstanding.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Cameron wrote:and the swiftness of his passing is a big reason for the Knights early season successes.
GTFO of here... Griffin's toughness and immense work ethic have held him in good regard, early on in 2018. His passing has always been, and will always be slow from DH.

Unlike most other dummy halves, Griffin collects the ball, looks where he wants to pass, then executes. Other DHs pass in the motion of collecting the ball. That fraction of a second delay makes a noticeable difference to ruck speed and often sees his runner passing him by the time he releases the ball, putting at greater risk a call of forward pass.

Say what you want about Griffin, he has been very good in 2018, but DH passing speed is not something you can claim with any credibility.
I remember him in the under 20s, his strength was running out of dh.