Cam Smith - 356 Games

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's better but I'm just not into the one game vote sample size swaying things. Specially with origin players missing games and one man team vs team with better players.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard to get right but better than it was, perhaps a system that takes both individual games and a retrospective analysis of the year into account? Don't know how that's achieved through.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:It's better but I'm just not into the one game vote sample size swaying things. Specially with origin players missing games and one man team vs team with better players.
Fair enough. I agree to an extent.

Just on the impact of Origin - To allow for the stand-down rounds during the State of Origin period, each player's best 21 point-receiving matches are taken into account when determining the final points for each player.

As I mentioned in another thread, it also doesn't allow for someone who is consistently good all season but does not figure in Dally M points vs someone who plays a handful of great games but is then rubbish for the rest of the year. Voting only caters for the (supposed) best three players on ground, not the players who performed poorly.

Anyway, imperfect system that I think they have improved... Back to discussing the god like figure that is Cam.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can we add 'most iconic bum chin' to the list of His accolades?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Best accountant to ever play the game.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On another note it's great to see Cam say once his career has finished he and his family will stay living in Melbourne. No doubt he'll play a huge part in the club post football and keep that strong culture going for many years to come. Most def the GOAT
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/t ... fb4073204a

Melbourne Storm in contract talks to extend Cameron Smith beyond 2018
Gilbert Gardiner, Herald Sun
January 24, 2018 4:59pm
Subscriber only
MELBOURNE Storm will start informal contract talks with champion Cameron Smith next week.

The reigning Dally M medallist will return to the club on Monday, after an extended break due to the World Cup, to prepare for a 17th — and possibly final — NRL season.

The legendary hooker’s return kickstarts a busy period for Storm on and off the field, with contract talks, the World Club Challenge and trial games on the agenda.

Storm wants to retain Smith and premiership mastermind Craig Bellamy beyond next season, as well as blunt any potential poaching raids of three premiership linchpins.

With Curtis Scott is close to finalising a long-term deal, the Herald Sun understands Tim Glasby (2018) and Felise Kaufusi (option 2019) could also be locked away before the start of the season.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let's hope so
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

There are lots of balls in the air.

I mean, there always is.

Over the history of the Melbourne Storm, Even as NRL premiers, there has been a natural inclination for other teams to come and throw huge money at our players. They would rather buy a Storm player with the Storm mentality than develop their own. They then hope the Storm way that has been learnt, rubs off on their new players.

There is also the go home factor or go home for the wife factor like Jordan Mclean.

Curtis Scott would certainly be getting it from his old club Cronulla and everyone of the “Bra boys” at the self-proclaimed “Shire”.

Also, the Rabbitohs just love buying Storm players.
So while we have been the most successful franchise over the last 15 years; we know who we are!

We are a small RL outpost not supported by the NRL who have infact made it as hard as possible for us to have success. And have stiped the success we have had away from us!

Like a small cowboy fort in an early western; we are surrounded by angry Apaches, Comanches, Cherokees and Cheyenne tribes ready to shoot an arrow through our heart at a moment’s notice.

And that is what keeps us hungry!

We never forget who WE ARE!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/cam ... d60c5a1a4e

From one Goat to another, Cameron Smith is a Roger Federer fan boy wanntabe.

He got Federer's boots that he wore in the final; signed by Roger Dodger as a tribute.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty decent piece of sporting memorabilia too!

The greatest tennis player of all time.
Custom Melbourne landmark printed shoes.
Worn during Federer's unprecedented 20th Grand Slam title win.

I am sure Smithy will keep them as the great trophy that they are but you would imagine that they would be pretty desired by collectors and worth a bit.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Roger was Cam smith ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ....ive never seen them together and Cam totally disappeared the whole time the tennis was on
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes and Cam came back to training at the Storm almost the next day after the Australian Tennis Open celebrations finished.

And then; no Roger.

Interesting!

I wonder if it could be true.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YESSSSS
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

4 days back into training and he is already doing interviews.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ron-smith/

Cam seems confident about Crofty.