Qualifying Final: Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saturday, September 9 - 4.10pm
AAMI Park

Thoughts on time slot? I would think that it is better than Saturday night and going head to head with the Cats/Tigers at the G.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm happy with the time. The cats tigers game is the Friday night so it has no opposition.

I think our best slot for fans attending is still the 7:30 Saturday night
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NevilleB wrote:The cats tigers game is the Friday night so it has no opposition.
:oops: Oops!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli defending like a moron against Radradra and Scott against Jennings the two matchups I'm currently concerned about. I think we're comfortably better everywhere else.

A real shame Gutherson is out for them. Would've made them a bigger threat overall.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I expected a 6pm game, so probably not a huge change. Our 5.30 games have certainly been well attended this season, and being a final, with only one AFL game in Melbourne all weekend I think we will be looking at a similar crowd to Sat night, maybe slightly higher.
On that though... what's with the Ticketek site not having an interactive seating map to select seats. It did for regular season games, then the NRL take over and you just have to suck it up... poor!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watching the Eels game last week the Rabbits picked out Auva'a really well. I'm expecting Munster and Billy targeting him to free up JAC.
While Radradra is a game winner for them I think Suli is probably the best winger to handle him even considering how their last matchup went.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:Watching the Eels game last week the Rabbits picked out Auva'a really well. I'm expecting Munster and Billy targeting him to free up JAC.
While Radradra is a game winner for them I think Suli is probably the best winger to handle him even considering how their last matchup went.
Bula some fair points. Having Chambers defending next to him compared to Tonumaipea last time will help Vunivalu too.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli was Suli's only problem when it came to (not) defending Semi.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He rushed Semi at least twice as he was receiving a kick and was beaten with simple footwork. He just needs to make the decision to either contest the ball (if realistically possible to do so), or hang back so he can make a reasonable defensive play.

I am sure he would have learned from that. I am also sure the Storm coaching staff will be giving him not so subtle reminders all week.
tigerr
Squall
Squall

God forbid we lose this week, but if we do then do we still get to play at AAMI the following week and then have to play away after that?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:Suli defending like a moron against Radradra and Scott against Jennings the two matchups I'm currently concerned about. I think we're comfortably better everywhere else.

A real shame Gutherson is out for them. Would've made them a bigger threat overall.
Yeah a real shame.

If you don't want storm to win.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Suli's defensive reads and execution were impeccable against the rabbits. I imagine it's something he's been working hard on since the eels game.
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Re:suli - I'd refer to Sally's comments regarding the previous Eels game. Apparently he arrived late and was panicking - then he got sinbinned for 10 minutes . Just wasn't his day back then. Hope he can turn it around on Sat
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tigerr wrote:God forbid we lose this week, but if we do then do we still get to play at AAMI the following week and then have to play away after that?
Yes - if we lose, we then play at home against the winner of Sharks v NQ. If we win that, away to the winner of Roostersv Broncos.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©