Storm V Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm has named an unchanged side from last week
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does this mean Stimson is going to be very unlucky come finals time or is Slade there so we can keep Cam match hardened but still give him a rest at some point but will drop out next week?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon Smith not named for the Falcons. Hope his injury is alright.
Mattpoet wrote:Does this mean Stimson is going to be very unlucky come finals time or is Slade there so we can keep Cam match hardened but still give him a rest at some point but will drop out next week?
Really hope it's the latter.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

While Stimson is my preferred choice, I would not like Griffin to get a game this week but then be dropped for the first week of the finals. That seems very harsh on a young player, especially if his only purpose is to give Cam an early mark.

This weeks team should 100% be our first choice team for the finals.

Not that this is overly important but why is Rochow consistently being selected in the squad over Nichols? While Nichols hasn't been anything special, he has done his job when given the opportunity. I can somewhat live with Myles being selected because of the experience he would bring in case of an injury, but even he really hasn't played enough games for us to warrant selection over Nichols.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders
Saturday 2 September, 7:30pm
AAMI Park

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Jordan McLean
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenny Bromwich
15. Tim Glasby
16. Nelson Asofa Solomona
17. Slade Griffin

18. Robbie Rochow
19. Joe Stimson
20. Young Tonumaipea
21. Nate Myles

Queensland Cup

Sunshine Coast Falcons v Souths Logan Magpies

Sunday 3 September, 1:30pm
Sunshine Coast Stadium

Scott Drinkwater
Ryley Jacks
Justin Olam
Tui Kamikamica
Louis Geraghty
Jeremy Hawkins

Easts Tigers v Townsville
Sunday 3 September, 2:00pm
Suzuki Stadium

Charlie Galo
Brodie Croft
Mark Nicholls
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The question begs, should Nicholls even be NEAR the ball? Happy to see him not anywhere near the team tbh.

Looking forward to Soliola copping buggery next game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Send Myles out to belt Soliola when he doesn't have the ball and then we can all get in the media and say he's a good boy, he didn't mean it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's a shame that Leilua and Chambers aren't on the same side. I'd love to see Chambers flog seven shades of sh*t out of Leilua... although maybe save it for an early season game and not on the eve of finals :P
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote:Send Myles out to belt Soliola when he doesn't have the ball and then we can all get in the media and say he's a good boy, he didn't mean it.
Haha, love your thinking. I was having a good laugh with this lol.

But on a serious note, anyone notice the attention Leilua and Rapana tried to put on NAS?
I thought they were trying everything to try to take him out of the game as Soliola had done to Billy the Kid.
But hoping cool heads from the Storm will prevail, ain't worth the trouble to start off the ball antics.

Soliola is lucky we didn't put out a Hitman like Myles to take care of business lol.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hope we put on a good show for Coop's last official regular season home game but don't risk anything by way of injuries/suspensions. Hoping the boys stay out of any grubbiness from the raiders.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dale and Tim being rested
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good call, especially on Dale. Thoroughly deserves a rest ahead of finals. Come baxk in Week 1, ready to rip in. Thought Tim would already be rested. Must have a niggling injury/injuries.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I went to training on Wednesday. Three players do not train with the main group. They were Dale, Tim and Billy. Two of those three are not playing. I hope it does not mean Billy is not playing either. Young played fullback at training on Wednesday and he is still in the squad.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote:I went to training on Wednesday. Three players do not train with the main group. They were Dale, Tim and Billy. Two of those three are not playing. I hope it does not mean Billy is not playing either. Young played fullback at training on Wednesday and he is still in the squad.
It's Dale and Tim being rested
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Hughes would be the preferred replacement for Billy if he was to be rested? I notice he isn't named in either of the feeder clubs. Is he injured?