2018 Playing Roster

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Felise's job I guess
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

anyone else reckon that Cooper giving Fafita an almighty WHACK in the media today (on radio apparently) ..sounds like a bloke about to make the transition to full time media ??

Just a thought....

Made me think that this was way different to Cooper the player...who was always very guarded about commenting on other clubs or players...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Cronk held back... the media beat it up as "giving Fifita both barrels" but I thought he was reasoned and restrained, as you would expect from Cronk.

Cronk was spot on... You want to play for Tonga rather than Australia - fine. Don't wait until the hour of the team photo to pull out. Especially after Mal called you a week ago... and you took to social media to announce your excitement about making the team.

At least this should be the final nail in his NSW/Australia rep career.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:The Storm played an updated departing players video at the Player of the Year Awards night last night and Charlie Galo was on it. I didn't get a chance to chat to Charlie so not sure where he is going.
Disappointing, I thought Charlie was developing quite well. Perhaps a better offer came along...
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Itzbek the Purple wrote:As it's Croft's first full season at 7, i was thinking he'll get a significant amount of physical attention to ty and put him off his game. I know that Gavin Cooper does a lot of protection work for Thurston so I was wondering if we have anyone who could do the same thing for Croft. Or do we even need it?
I think there's every chance that Felise will play the Toni Carrol role to Croft's Lockyer.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Felise's defence can be absolutely brutal. Some of the shots he put on in the GF were outstanding.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'll get targeted like every other young half but I am not concerned at all. He handled himself well in the few games he's played and being between Chambers and Kaufusi will only help him out even more.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:anyone else reckon that Cooper giving Fafita an almighty WHACK in the media today (on radio apparently) ..sounds like a bloke about to make the transition to full time media ??

Just a thought....

Made me think that this was way different to Cooper the player...who was always very guarded about commenting on other clubs or players...
To be totally honest i thought the EXACT same thing and said as much to my mate. Can you remember the last time Coops has ever said anything controversial against a fellow player? I don't think ever
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Still not a fan of Munster at number 6.
2019 team will be interesting, assuming Mr Slater doesn't go around again.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Herald Sun are reporting that the Storm have signed Ryan Hoffman and it could be officially announced today.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

https://www.zerotackle.com/melbourne-st ... usi-29724/

Nice! One of the Storm family is leaving and another one is coming home. :)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great to have Hoffy back home but I assume Stimson will win out the starting left backrower position and Hoffman will be used for depth and experience.

Having said that, I thought Hoffman was done before coming back in 2012 and having his finest NRL season ever, so what do I know...

Really excited by the prospect of Kaufusi#3.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Still somewhat worried about our backup halfback options. The halves we have at present appear to be good 5/8 options with skills around running/kicking/passing but I wonder how capable they would be around organising. I know we have Billy and Cam to help put blokes where they need to be, but that is really best coming from someone in the halves playing just behind/in front of the ruck.

Hopefully this is an element that the guys can work on in the off season. It's definitely something that can be learned and practiced (thinking about how far Morgan came along while JT was out) but will need an experienced halves coach like a Johns or Cronk to get done. I know the club has offered Coops a role as a mentor for the halves for next year but I'll be a lot happier if/once that's confirmed.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft is supposedly good at it
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The coaching staff play a huge role in that. Doesn't matter how good the halfback is at organising, if the team are bunched around the ruck there is not a lot of time to tell everyone where to be. The players need to know their formations and the kinds of situations they need to be in formation. The coaches need to (and must) drill that in to them every week.