Round 24 - Knights vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saturday 19th August
3:00pm
McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

21 man team announced tomorrow afternoon.

The Knights are on a three game win streak with confidence up. They also completed at 80% last week (we were also very good at 87%). I thought without Nathan Ross that they may struggle against the Eels but the Knights lifted and got the job done.

Our boys this week will have to shut down Dane Gagai and pressure young half Brock Lamb.

With our 3 games clear at the top of the ladder, we only need to win one more to guarantee top spot (without winning another game, we could only lose it on for and against - and it would take some pretty weird results) . I'm sure each week we will be discussing potential rests for certain players and whether that is a good idea or not... Resting key members of the team - especially those with niggling injuries and having them fit for finals vs Working on combinations/cohesion and getting our attack back where it needs to be.

It is looking more and more likely that we will have the Sharks in Melbourne week 1 of the finals.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Probably look to rest players over the next few weeks I'd imagine. Wonder if Croft will get a run.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reckon croft, hughes, rochow, myles, tonumaipea and kamikamica could all get a game in case they're needed
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not necessarily for this game, but I hope like hell Kaufusi's knee is all good... I don’t think anyone could have seen how immense he would be for us this year.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good thing is both Easts tigers and Falcons have byes so anyone could play....
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero wrote:Not necessarily for this game, but I hope like hell Kaufusi's knee is all good... I don’t think anyone could have seen how immense he would be for us this year.

For me I think he has been POTY
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'll be up there but I reckon Cam will win
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster is in. Glasby is out though, anyone know why?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he looked exhausted after game on Saturday...maybe just resting him after origin and cold Canberra and hot Townsville...billy cam and coops have all had weeks off
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Jordan McLean
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Joe Stimson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
15. Jahrome Hughes
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Slade Griffin

18. Tohu Harris
19. Brodie Croft
20. Robbie Rochow
21. Nate Myles

Queensland Cup

Sunshine Coast Falcons & Easts Tigers
BYE
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu also named on the extended bench. Hopefully a good sign that he is not too far way. Frank was adamant in the injury report last week that he would need to do all contact sessions if he were to make the team (he hadn't been able to do any contact sessions at the time of the report).
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:he looked exhausted after game on Saturday...maybe just resting him after origin and cold Canberra and hot Townsville...billy cam and coops have all had weeks off
I reckon that will be it. He has had a big season. This is a chance to give Robbie Rochow or Nate a run.

Very pleasing to read that Felise is ok. I saw a snippet of Storm training on Fox last night and he was training and smiling , which is a huge relief.

Also great to see Munster back. So very important to our team.

I wonder what they will do with Tohu. It is definitely not to his advantage that the feeder teams have byes this week, as he would profit from a strong hit out in QCup. I wonder if they will put him in the 17 , in place of Slade, to maybe have 15-20 mins on the park.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wouldn't be surprised to see Dale get a rest either this week or next. The bloke has played every game and is involved in more heavy collisions than anyone else in the team each week.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well I think it's pretty safe to say that one of Harris, Rochow or Myles will play. There's no way we go with both Hughes and Griffin on the bench, one will drop out if not both
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Overjoyed that Munster is back.
He is integral to our ultimate success this year.
I think I might have a slight man crush on him.