Round 23 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

A bit concerning we only managed to score one 'proper' try and that was in the last few minutes.
Still, good sides grind out wins. We've scored points this year, so I'm not that bothered.
Top 2 guaranteed now. Would be a good chance to rest a couple of players over the next few weeks.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Kettles wrote:I'd like a dollar, just a dollar for every time Bellamy has said "you know". Bloody hell, he can put it 4 or 5 times into a sentence. Even Smith says it. The post-match wrap-ups are just excruciating. You know?
we can't all be Rhode Scholars or Harvard Graduates like you mate....

Craig's a brilliant coach and great mastermind and terrific bloke to boot...his use of grammer is immaterial.

Was that Grammar?

haha PSML
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Craig's go to line has always been, "Like I said..."

Even if he hasn't said it yet :lol:
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bless him and his loyalty and his passion and his temper and his spittle and his funny idiosyncratic nature.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kettles wrote:I'd like a dollar, just a dollar for every time Bellamy has said "you know". Bloody hell, he can put it 4 or 5 times into a sentence. Even Smith says it. The post-match wrap-ups are just excruciating. You know?
Craig is probably the best coach in Australian sport . We are SO lucky to have him..... and yet the above is your contribution to the discussion.

The use of "you know " , "um " and so on, are habits that many people have, that say nothing about their qualities as human beings. Presumably you have no such habits .

I find Craig's post-match interviews to be excellent. For a start, he does not fall to the level of Stuart, Hasler , Green , Robinson etc etc and blame the refs or the opposition for his own team's failings.

He is a gem, don't you know ?
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Oh shut it and read above. The guy's a legend.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli fined
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kettles wrote:Oh shut it and read above. The guy's a legend.

Sorry I did not see your second post which I assume was intended as some form of clarification/apology. I still think your first post was poor, but glad to see your second post,and thus apologise for mine.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No, not a clarification/apology, it really does drive me to distraction as alas, I often count how often he does it.
As a person who has spent their working life in advertising agencies, I know the value of media training and it being part and parcel for anyone who finds themselves in front of cameras/press hordes when it is not their usual line of work.
So many get coached in it these days, I just don't know how Storm hasn't seen the value in it.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:
sallymay wrote:Think Fusi might be out a few weeks with his knee...bit worrying
Yes Felise didn't look good, which is a shame. Some of his tackling last night were awesome.
Hopefully it is not too bad. However a knee is always worrying .

Assuming he is out, and Tohu is not ready, is it time for Robbie Rochow to come in ? He played a full 80 last week. Only played 36 today.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote:Suli fined
Can someone tell me exactly what law he broke?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was dangerous, he had to cop something. I just don't understand why no Roosters were charged considering they had multiple penalties against for dangerous throws and shoulder charges.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was just thinking we have lost only 2 games with the big three/four playing all season. If we manage to go all the way this will be their finest achievement. Long way to go and not getting ahead of myself but I hope for their sake they do.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure we've only lost once (Titans) when our entire spine has played. And we were missing Jesse and NAS for that game.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:It was dangerous, he had to cop something. I just don't understand why no Roosters were charged considering they had multiple penalties against for dangerous throws and shoulder charges.
So wait, Latrell Mitchell didn't get charged for his shoulder charge? What the hell is up with that?