Round 23 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Real bummer of a way for Tohu to finish up here. Hopefully he can get right for a playoff push.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Real bummer of a way for Tohu to finish up here. Hopefully he can get right for a playoff push.
Very much so. He has been consistent and durable since debuting, but this year has just been horrible for him (injury wise).

Tohu Harris - Games Played
2017 - 8
2016 - 27
2015 - 26
2014 - 25
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch is definitely in our best 17 if fit... I still believe and have for a couple of years, when Cam goes, Jesse is the logical next choice as captain, but age dependent, Welch will be a future captain. He's Kearns like in his workrate and no frills approach
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch is a work in progress and the injury was poor timing as 2017 would have been a development year/big learning curve... His tackling effectiveness needs improvement, as does his work rate when out on the field but was coming along nicely. I wasn't impressed when he first came into first grade but he was definitely growing on me the more he played.

Before injury, Welch's offloading had become almost an art-form. Hit the line, turn sideways, sneaky underarm offload to Cam = dangerous second phase play.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Brodie Croft comes into the halves. Interesting. I wonder if he will actually play. I would love for him to get the chance to play a game beside Cronk before he leaves, just so he can get that experience
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting. Think Hughes will play.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome. Jacks is a decent defender, but I'm looking forward to Crofty's passing game on the left hand side. Or Hughes' running game...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would love to see either play but think it would be better long term if Croft does
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote:Real bummer of a way for Tohu to finish up here. Hopefully he can get right for a playoff push.
Thanks Blazza & Yourhero...
I'm sure he'll give his all for this to happen...
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Damn it. I wanted Brodie Croft to play
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Running 5/8th it is.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm happy with that. Hughes has been sensational in his opportunities this year (albeit in a different position). Hopefully he doesn't overplay his hand, concentrates on running first and has a blinder... again.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Side note, NAS starting again... Must be impressing Bellyache. Has started every week since round 20.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was quite shocked at how very little Jacks has brought offensively this season. Been solid defensively but I wonder if Bellamy wants someone more threatening with the ball.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With that many penalties and that much field position, we should be up by more. Looking a bit impotent in attack, not helped by the extremely slow play the balls.

That penalty for obstruction was a joke...