Round 22 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:So Vunivalu was still able to score a try when he was tackled without it. Even though he scored should / could Linnett have been sinbinned for a professional foul?

I don't see the point of having Griffin on the bench, even if Cam was injured I would prefer Stimson or Kenny Bromwich at dummy half with some help from Billy early in the tackle count. May as well bring Myles on to the bench in place of Griffin.

It's only one or the other. If Suli didn't score it's a professional foul and sin binning. It's stupid how it can't be both.

Hopefully that's the last we see of Slade.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
Scooter wrote:So Vunivalu was still able to score a try when he was tackled without it. Even though he scored should / could Linnett have been sinbinned for a professional foul?

I don't see the point of having Griffin on the bench, even if Cam was injured I would prefer Stimson or Kenny Bromwich at dummy half with some help from Billy early in the tackle count. May as well bring Myles on to the bench in place of Griffin.

It's only one or the other. If Suli didn't score it's a professional foul and sin binning. It's stupid how it can't be both.

Hopefully that's the last we see of Slade.
It could even have been a penalty try if he didn't make it. Shades of the 2013 grand final when Aubusson took out Lyon.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To me it should have been, he had no intention other than taking out Vunivalu.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

well contrary to popular opinion on here I have warmed to Griffen in the last couple of games coming of the bench and playing the utility roll. similar to what Hinchy used to do. I'm not saying he is a great dummy half, think he's better as a running forward in the middle with a bit of footwork. Really warming to Stimpson too. Its probably taken him half a dozen games to get to NRL speed, but starting to look the goods.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, we're starting to see why the club was so keen to get Stimson into fg.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Chambers has moved to outright 5th highest try scorer for Storm with 71. He passes the great Marcus Bai.

Suli now owns the record for most tries in a player's first two seasons outright with 39.
Well done to Will and Suilasi. Will has also moved passed Marcus Bai into outright 7th highest point scorer for Storm.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet funnily enough Suilasi Vunivalu after 40 matches is only one try behind Cameron Smith in 351 matches.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I did say that to someone last night haha.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The problem with using Griffin as just a forward is there are better forwards in the squad. If his role was to just make 40-50 tackles in the middle every game and nothing more he'd have a place in first grade.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Scooter wrote:Mattpoet funnily enough Suilasi Vunivalu after 40 matches is only one try behind Cameron Smith in 351 matches.
A few behind on try assists though.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:Yes, we're starting to see why the club was so keen to get Stimson into fg.
Plenty to like there. I think he will really come into his own in the next 12 months.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
Scooter wrote:Mattpoet funnily enough Suilasi Vunivalu after 40 matches is only one try behind Cameron Smith in 351 matches.
A few behind on try assists though.
He' got 311 games to catch them up in though :lol:
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

coupy73 wrote:well contrary to popular opinion on here I have warmed to Griffen in the last couple of games coming of the bench and playing the utility roll. similar to what Hinchy used to do. I'm not saying he is a great dummy half, think he's better as a running forward in the middle with a bit of footwork. Really warming to Stimpson too. Its probably taken him half a dozen games to get to NRL speed, but starting to look the goods.
I agree Coupy. Not a big fan of Griffen but I think he did a decent job off the bench. RE Stimson - how good is he? That drop ball from ?Linnett that led to our first try was all down to Stimson bearing down on him and applying pressure. Very happy with his performances to-date. A solid replacement for Tohu with hopefully a bit more growth and development to come as a regular first-grader.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Told you all Joe was a good player