Round 22 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers has moved to outright 5th highest try scorer for Storm with 71. He passes the great Marcus Bai.

Suli now owns the record for most tries in a player's first two seasons outright with 39.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is a bit unfair for the Cowboys. Can't read too much into it. Basically a training run for us if we hold onto the ball.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:This is a bit unfair for the Cowboys. Can't read too much into it. Basically a training run for us if we hold onto the ball.
If.
I know we are leading, but it has been mostly fairly unimpressive to date. I would expect they are going to get a fair rev up from Belly at half time
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is one ordinary match so far.

Morgan doing his all for the Cows.

We need a spark, Billy doing his bit with the little scoots!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have seen Storm players penalised for similar elbow fends that Linnett just gave to Kenny Bromwich. Nothing said about potential penalty.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think Newcastle can have Griffin with our blessings... we should pay his moving expenses too.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone notice on those knock ons from Bill how concerned he was for contact?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Jacks was too slow. His effort was great but our left attack was non existent.
Scrappy performance but still won convincingly leading into the big one next week.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:Anyone notice on those knock ons from Bill how concerned he was for contact?
I have a feeling he will retire
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty average game to be honest... With the injuries the Cowboys suffered in the first 7 minutes, we should have run away with that one.

Sloppy, with a number of errors/penalties deep in our territory. It felt like we were camped on our own tryline most of that second half.

Will need to be much better than that next week. Any reason Jesse only played 38 minutes? Any injury trouble?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Anyone notice on those knock ons from Bill how concerned he was for contact?
I have a feeling he will retire
Yep...CB and CS referencing Billy playing on or not and doing what is best for him and his family in last night's presser.

I would say far more likely to go now.

Drip feeding the faithful so it wont be quite so hard when we hear it (but I will be even sadder to hear this news than I was when Coops announced he was leaving..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( )
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Any reason Jesse only played 38 minutes? Any injury trouble?
NAS and McLean played low minutes too. Not sure it means anything.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Vunivalu was still able to score a try when he was tackled without it. Even though he scored should / could Linnett have been sinbinned for a professional foul?

I don't see the point of having Griffin on the bench, even if Cam was injured I would prefer Stimson or Kenny Bromwich at dummy half with some help from Billy early in the tackle count. May as well bring Myles on to the bench in place of Griffin.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
yourhero wrote:Any reason Jesse only played 38 minutes? Any injury trouble?
NAS and McLean played low minutes too. Not sure it means anything.
I think it might just be a case of managing players after coming off a five day break.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What a surprise Paul Green complaining about refs. I've really come to dislike him since their grand final win.