Storm V Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Horrible, horrible timing for the young guy... Just as he was ensured of a further taste of NRL action. He should be available week 1 of the finals, if desperately needed.

From TripleM - "Meanwhile, promising young hooker Brandon Smith will miss up eight to 10 weeks with a fractured wrist.

The 21-year-old had surgery on Wednesday after making a big impression in his three NRL games this season, scoring two tries.

Smith fractured his scaphoid a few weeks ago but continued to play until the club sent him for an x-ray because of persistent pain."

So the lad played with an injury - and played really well - for a few weeks. He isn't the first to do that of course, but it does show that he is tough.

He is back for week 1 of finals if he misses 10 weeks ( we have 9 games to go, plus a bye). Hopefully it is only 8 weeks, and he can get a couple of games in QCup before the finals. I would love for him to be up our sleeves in our finals campaign.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So does that mean we play Harry Grant vs Parra?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon Smith cant get a starting gig over Slade Griffin. He's not going to play in the NRL finals after being injured for 10 weeks.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:He should be available week 1 of the finals, if desperately needed.
But I take your point.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Brandon Smith cant get a starting gig over Slade Griffin. He's not going to play in the NRL finals after being injured for 10 weeks.
Not if Cam is fit and available .. but if 2008 is revisited via injury or suspension, it would be nice to be able to turn to Brandon. I think that is all yourhero and I are saying- have him up the sleeve, knowing that if we have to turn to him he will do the job. From that perspective , 8-10 weeks out as opposed to 3 months , as had been earlier suggested, is a huge difference.

In answer to Mattpoet, re Parra match yes - let us see what Harry Grant has got. He looks a class above in the 20s. He is highly touted. Blood him.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Depends on second tier cap obviously, but, I would love to see it happen.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree with Blazza. Bellyache is committed to Slade...
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

... Griffin
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote:Agree with Blazza. Bellyache is committed to Slade...
Yep, I can see him rocking along to " Mama Weer All Crazee Now" ( look it up, young people ! great song by a great rock'n'roll band of the early 70s)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would've easily rolled with Smith off the bench over the extra forward options we have. But Bellamy has a Slade Griffin fetish so I never expected it.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saw Oates might be out. Wonder if Bennett will go with Nikorima on the wing again haha.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this game has me all confused last 2 weeks I thought we would lose and get smashed but this week I feel nothing like I don't know how to feel...I mean we have all our players back but I just don't know
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No young or slade haha
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When your coach makes the obvious and smart team changes >>>>>>>>>>
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just a wonderful start...