Storm V Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bellamy told triple m today the big three might not be back for the Broncos game. He said they would have to check on them because they have a few knocks and at there age he might have to make things easier for them.

By Friday night Cronk will have play one game in 22 days and it not like he is setting the world on fire with his great play. I can not remember when he play a decent game. How much easier does he need it.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We're not desperate for wins so I see any rest we can give them as a positive. If any of them are feeling sore then give them the game off and put trust in our 'back up' spine members (this does not include Slade Griffin :lol:).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If they'd rather play for Queensland, let Queensland pay them and we can pay someone who'll play. I'm f&%$ing sick of Origin.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

With the greatest of respect to our big 3, there has to be some limit to this treatment of them. As noted by Glenn, by Glenn, Cronk has had a long break. Played 65 minutes on a Friday night against Knights. Did not play against Sharks. Did not play against Cowboys . Played SO2 , 19 days after Knights game. Did not play against Roosters. So as at next Friday night will have played one game in 28 days - not for the club that pays him.

After Broncos, there is a 12 day break till SOO3, then a 9 day break till our next game.

So if he does not play next Friday, it will be one game in 40 days. If he then plays against Parra, it will be his first Storm game in 7 weeks.

Slater and Smith both played against Sharks, but again rest last night, the enforced rests before SOO2 and 3, and the bye after SOO3, still mean significant gaps between Storm games.

The Broncos match is very important, to keep us clear in top 2. I would hope all 3 will play
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sorry my ref to Parra game above re Cooper should be to Raiders. That is on a Saturday night, so potentially one Storm game in 50 days
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure what the ploy would be for Craig to say they might not be back.

Big game at Suncorp against a team we get up for. I highly doubt we rest anyone.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Saw some social media pictures today, Cronk in Sydney looking like he is having a great time. Not too much soreness or knock showing in these pictures.

The club keeps on asking for my membership money, I wan to see the best players play. The ones taking up the most of the salary cap.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:Saw some social media pictures today, Cronk in Sydney looking like he is having a great time. Not too much soreness or knock showing in these pictures.
Probably got a sore knob and the Daily Tele can't get a photo of that! :lol:
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Good to see Cronulla beaten today. Finally their fluky run of wins comes to an end
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storminghome wrote:Good to see Cronulla beaten today. Finally their fluky run of wins comes to an end
It's a weird day indeed when Melbourne supporters are happy to see a Sea Eagles win!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Want to see Kaufusi dominate Thaiday and show the QLD selectors that he is ready for SOO.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No, please don't let them pick him too, we've got nobody left if they take Munster as well.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

RobbieRoss wrote:With the greatest of respect to our big 3, there has to be some limit to this treatment of them. As noted by Glenn, by Glenn, Cronk has had a long break. Played 65 minutes on a Friday night against Knights. Did not play against Sharks. Did not play against Cowboys . Played SO2 , 19 days after Knights game. Did not play against Roosters. So as at next Friday night will have played one game in 28 days - not for the club that pays him.

After Broncos, there is a 12 day break till SOO3, then a 9 day break till our next game.

So if he does not play next Friday, it will be one game in 40 days. If he then plays against Parra, it will be his first Storm game in 7 weeks.

Slater and Smith both played against Sharks, but again rest last night, the enforced rests before SOO2 and 3, and the bye after SOO3, still mean significant gaps between Storm games.

The Broncos match is very important, to keep us clear in top 2. I would hope all 3 will play
Normally I would agree wholeheartedly but I think this year is a new ball game.

Previously Craig has been quite slow in introducing young players as semi-regulars; and this has cost us with players moving on and with a lack of experience come big games over the Origin period.

Also, over the last few years we have had obviously had a problem with overworking our star players and it has showed towards the end of the season - last year especially, Cronk and Smith were exhausted by the GF. Since Origin and test matches aren't going to go away I see the value in giving the guys some significant time off during the year to rest and to recover (we know Smithy isn't 100% and Bill's shoulder will never be great).

Add to that, the big three are close to the end of their time; no Cronk next year and Slater is a maybe. Smithy most likely one or two more years. We have also been pretty fortunate with injuries over their collective careers. We know we will play finals this year; now is a great time to bring the young crew through so that next year and beyond we are playing with experienced campaigners rather than an all new spine.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we want to hold onto Brandon Smith, we better have something in mind. I can see Smith playing until 2020. Assuming his unbelievable resilience continues to keep him injury free.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd imagine we're going to end up using Smith like Hinchy until the captain retires.

One of the Fox articles yesterday mentioned McLean and Blair might be back for this one. Who knows on Tohu but we'll be pretty close to full strength.