Storm V Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We need to find a regular spot for Scott or we're going to lose him. Who do we phase out?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane found a couple of holes in the defensive line that we'll need to tighten up in September but that was a really good defensive display, specially in their redzone.

Love how we've given extra responsibility to others to make plays for us in attack.

Scott has improved out of sight. Would imagine Blair comes straight back into the team but Scott is making a strong case for himself.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would rather Scott stay in the team over Blair. Blairs nothing special but Scott definitely is
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair has been solid and is a much better defender. Hard to lose a spot because of injury but if Scott continually plays well it would be hard to drop him.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The only thing you could do if you wanted to keep Scott and Blair in the team (and it would be a really harsh call) would be to put one of him or Blair to the wing and drop Addo-Carr. But, I wouldn't be doing that on current form either as Addo-Carr is another who is improving out of sight. It's a good problem to have though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair's defence is far too good to lose out to Scott just yet. We will need strong edge defence come September.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Curtis Scott is signed until end of 2018 from what I can read.

By then....Chambers will still be at the start of his extended contract....and Blair is signed till end of 2018.

12 months is long time on footy...so who know what will have played out by then.

Curtis Scott could leave obviously...hope the club can convince him that he is a LONG term centre option at Storm.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scott is a far superior player to Cheyse Blair. It's an obvious decision from my POV.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be surprised if he stayed in the team when Blair gets back in the team though. Just the way it is for young fellas.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As I said earlier in this thread ( in one of my many Captain Obvious moments!) , last night was a very important game for us, in securing an all-important top 2 spot. Particularly in that context , that was a superb result. Yes the Broncos had some big outs, but the way we sliced them up will not make them feel very confident if they have to come to AAMI Park for a final.

The 30 point differential also is a great help for us.

One very impressive aspect was that we put so many points on them whilst Jesse was off the field ( hopefully it is just a kick on the calf , as reported on Fox , and that he is sweet for next week), and with Jordy hopefully back next week.

As is shown by the comments of others above, Curtis Scott has created a very interesting selection dilemma when Cheyse returns . Not an issue next week of course against Parra, with Blair in for Chambers.

It is very enjoyable watching the Sharks v roosters game now on Fox, knowing one of them will fall even further behind us.

With this breathing space on top, we do not need to stress about the Parra game. Then a bye after SOO, which comes at a perfect time, amd then full steam ahead to the finals !

As a reflection of our depth , although we might have 7 guys in SOO3, we might have some pretty handy replacements( with a bit of luck re guys returning from injury )

Slater - Hughes
Chambers- Blair
Munster - Jacks
Cronk- Croft
C Smith- Griffin
Glasby- McLean
Kaufusi- Myles / Harry Grant ( depending on whether Craig is happy for Kenny to share the hooking role , or blood young Harry ),
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone know how Cronk pulled up? He didn't look too great after that shot from Blair, grabbing his chest/shoulder.

For the record, the shot was fine/legal. Doesn't mean Blair isn't a piece of sh*t.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero wrote:Anyone know how Cronk pulled up? He didn't look too great after that shot from Blair, grabbing his chest/shoulder.

For the record, the shot was fine/legal. Doesn't mean Blair isn't a piece of sh*t.
He has been commentating on Fox tonight - all ok has a couple of stitches where he got kicked above left eyebrow
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:The only thing you could do if you wanted to keep Scott and Blair in the team (and it would be a really harsh call) would be to put one of him or Blair to the wing and drop Addo-Carr. But, I wouldn't be doing that on current form either as Addo-Carr is another who is improving out of sight. It's a good problem to have though.
Drop JAC for Scott or cheese?

What drugs are you on and where can I get some?

JAC and Suli are the 2 best wingers in the comp. Wouldn't trade them for International Dell and El Magic in the prime of their careers.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 absolutely agree no chance you are dropping the Fox?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not saying to do it, just making the point that you would have to drop someone to keep them in.