Round 15 Storm vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storminghome wrote:Apparently Brandon Smith being targeted by Cronulla
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who is reporting that?

It's total bs how a young player from any team can have a good game or two and there's already talk of another club chasing him.

Smith has played 2 games and is contracted for another 2 years. Other teams can lima lima lima duck off. Sharks have Brailey as well so they can lima lima lima duck off even more.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not reported anywhere that I can find...
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:It's a business people... storm want promotions for their games seen and they know people will be looking at the screens. Makes sense to plug their next game!

Bigger fish to fry
Yes , Nacho , it is a business. However in this instance it was a total about-face from what had previously happened, even earlier this season. It is very disrespectful to those of us who pay our hard-earned and go to the games. We get less "vision" than those at home.

There is an immense amount of promotion before the game and at half time. The players have logos all over their uniforms. We are entitled to actually have the 80 minutes focused on re game itself.

I see an extraordinary cynicism in what effectively was : " We will now interrupt your enjoyment and information of this game , because we know you are looking up here wanting to know about this game, to tell you about the next game ".

'Nacho - in that context it makes absolutely no sense at all to use that time for promotion. Sorry to be so strong on this , but it was extremely frustrating. For example, I had no idea until I saw the replay at home whether Kaufusi had committed a chargeable offence on Scott Bolton, yet those at home would have known he had simply fallen into the tackle.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:For example, I had no idea until I saw the replay at home whether Kaufusi had committed a chargeable offence on Scott Bolton, yet those at home would have known he had simply fallen into the tackle.
Felise may still face a charge. Bolton was obviously falling and Felise could do little to avoid the contact after committing to the tackle, but that hasn't stopped the MRC before...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there is nothing else that needs to be said except for

IM PROUD

Proud of the club and the players

Proud of Jesse being Captian (I heard the leadership group voted with the players to let him back in ...not sure if that's true)
Proud of the young guys stepping up and
Just proud
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
RobbieRoss wrote:For example, I had no idea until I saw the replay at home whether Kaufusi had committed a chargeable offence on Scott Bolton, yet those at home would have known he had simply fallen into the tackle.
Felise may still face a charge. Bolton was obviously falling and Felise could do little to avoid the contact after committing to the tackle, but that hasn't stopped the MRC before...
No charges from our game - good news !
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How loud was the booing of the refs at the end of the game - reckon that would have to be the loudest yet
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They worked hard to earn those boos
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why wasn't a penalty given for interference with the restart at 83 minutes?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:Why wasn't a penalty given for interference with the restart at 83 minutes?
because Cummins is shit at his job....
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brodie Croft is just the 8th player to kick a field goal for the Storm:
Cronk 20
Inglis 3
Orford 3
Smith 3
Kimmorley 3
Finch 2
Widdop 1
Croft 1
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
tugga wrote:Why wasn't a penalty given for interference with the restart at 83 minutes?
because Cummins is shit at his job....
A cheat more like
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

He may not of said much about the referring performance in his media conference, for obvious reasons as he would of been fined, but i know someone who is an official and was at ground level after the game on saturday night and they have told me that Bellamy gave the refs a huge spray in the tunnel after the game had finished.

What he didnt realise though was the refs were still miked up, so it may of recorded what he said, so this could become news soon to the general public as they are investigating it.

But i am happy to know that Bellyache thinks they did a s*** job as we all think they did on saturday night and let them know it in his passionate way.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If they investigate Bellamy, they need to investigate Cummins to. Check if he had money on the game, I would not be the least bit shocked if he did.