Origin

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

wow. thanks for sharing that. ridiculous if true. Just more of a reason for me to dislike the old troll.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And Munster named 18th man
Rina
Squall
Squall

would seem that they're trying to fix that game 1 exclusion by adding Slater BUT damage already done.
Massive oops by QLD. Blues will be confident and also on home soil.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Huge misstep by QLD in game 1 with team selections. They have made it very difficult for themselves.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Took them a big loss to realise they're in a transition year and need to pick players on form and not past achievements. I like this second game QLD team so much more than the first. They might have a chance but my money's on NSW for the win. Game 3 will be interesting back in QLD for Thurston and possibly Coops/Billy's Origin farewell.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm hoping Billy is always remembered for his past Origin appearances and not what happens in this series....
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:I'm hoping Billy is always remembered for his past Origin appearances and not what happens in this series....
I'm hoping this series cements his memory in Origin folklore!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:I'm hoping Billy is always remembered for his past Origin appearances and not what happens in this series....
what about if he wins the 2017 series for Qld ?

Should we remember him for this series ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

True that.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think he'll be remembered as the greatest fullback of all time who came back from two major shoulder injuries to play in the toughest game of them all at the age of 34. Unless he hands NSW the winning try through a massive blunder there isn't much he could do wrong that would make people think any less of him.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote:I think he'll be remembered as the greatest fullback of all time who came back from two major shoulder injuries to play in the toughest game of them all at the age of 34. Unless he hands NSW the winning try through a massive blunder there isn't much he could do wrong that would make people think any less of him.
No mistimed in goal passes! :oops:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not a bad return to the toughest arena for the old bloke. Slater was very good tonight.

Anyone hear Slater's brief Triple M radio interview post game? (Triple M facebook page) He got really emotional when asked what it meant to him after all of the adversity, to get a chance to be back in maroon. He couldn't talk for a while...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Amazing interview ...I kinda felt sad and happy for him...I think he was also trying too hard like his first game back for storm...he will be better in game 3
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bill was quality in the second half. Chambers' had the one brain snap defensively but was outstanding again. Thought Smith was quite again and Cronk Cronk'd .