Jesse Bromwich - Cocaine Allegation

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

[quote="Chip"]
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Settle down.[/quote]
Club worked so damn hard to restore their reputation after they were caught rorting the cap.
Sorry for being enraged that one individual has undone a lot of that hard work.

I've watched the NRL's feeble attempts at combating the many problems in the sport over the past few years and although it was frustrating I was proud that the Storm seemed to be able to stay out of it. For Jesse, a so called leader of the team, to get shitfaced to the extent where he doesn't even remember taking cocaine after his side got thrashed is inexcusable and has done severe harm to our brand.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Even if he didnt take anything, why associate with those kinds of people and put yourself in those kinds of situations? nothing good comes from it. You've just lost an international match, don't get out on the turps FFS!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

For a first offence it's a pretty harsh penalty in my opinion. 2 game suspension, out of the leadership group, standing down as kiwi captain, counselling and giving test match payment to charity (which is a lot of money).

Comparing this to the likes of Pearce and Norman and Barba is ridiculous. They have a history with messing up. If Bromwich screws up again, that's when you go with the harsher penalty and possible termination of contract but not one little mishap that he hasn't even been charged for or anything.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote: giving test match payment to charity (which is a lot of money).
Don't feel bad for him, they've forced him to make a tax deductible expense.

He still benefits from it, but the PR is better
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

FFS guy give man a break we are all disappointed it is the first thing Jess has done wrong possibly lead astray. He did not say anything other than sorry unlike some of the other players in the NRL and some of those have had multiple strikes one mistake you can recover from. We still lead the way as far as player behavior by far and he will know that you don't get a third chance at Storm. But we all need to take a breath. He a good boy that made a poor choice while piss you with out sin etc.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Inglis#3 wrote:Settle down.
Club worked so damn hard to restore their reputation after they were caught rorting the cap.
Sorry for being enraged that one individual has undone a lot of that hard work.

I've watched the NRL's feeble attempts at combating the many problems in the sport over the past few years and although it was frustrating I was proud that the Storm seemed to be able to stay out of it. For Jesse, a so called leader of the team, to get shitfaced to the extent where he doesn't even remember taking cocaine after his side got thrashed is inexcusable and has done severe harm to our brand.[/quote]
I reckon he harmed his own brand. We'll survive this mate.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Couple of thoughts:
1. Partying on alcohol and cocaine should only be done if you win
2. Anyone notice how Kev went to the Titans and all of a sudden is associated with the white powder? He probably talked Jesse into trying it.
3. If you're super famous and want some drugs, just get one of your cronies/hangers-on to do the buying and blaze away in some private dwelling

Jokes aside, I do think the penalty was justified for what it was for ie staying out late, public intoxication, bringing the club/game into disrepute. No mention by the club of cocaine at this stage.

There's still a judicial process to go through and I think he's entitled to 'innocent until guilty'. If he is eventually found guilty of a drug-associated incident then additional penalties need to be added and they better be significantly more than what he's got thus far.

I'm just thinking about how Semi Radrara's domestic violence charges were dropped after months of media and fans dragging his rep through the mud.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not Jesse related - but I hope the media gets stuck in when Matthew Lodge starts playing
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Donaghy and Annesley trying to handball blame on to Kiwis team management apparently.

What a cop out. I'd expect better from our Ceo.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Both Bromwich and Proctor are set to be excluded from World Cup consideration... That is a HUGE punishment...
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good to see the Kiwis electing for sufficient punishment. Wish the club would do the same!
As Kidwell said, they've broken everyones trust. Long way back for both guys.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Both Bromwich and Proctor are set to be excluded from World Cup consideration... That is a HUGE punishment...
Well it is all adding up isn't it? And JB is the face of the Kiwis on the new RLWC2017 TV ads.

People are saying the 2 match punishment is far too lenient but think about this punishment if it comes to fruition.

As a Kangaroos fan I'm glad because NZ will be sufficently depleted but for the both of them it will sting and if it makes them think twice about doing that again then I'm all for it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I get the sense for some Storm fans, anything short of public execution will be considered "too lenient" and paramount to flushing our culture down the drain.

First offence, give the bloke a f*cking chance... and in relation to our culture, I think our club's response has been suitably severe. We have been spoilt with so few public incidents in a number of years.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Reason for me at least is I derive a lot more satisfaction from seeing good up-standing citizens play good football. I could never get behind a team that has a bevy of criminals like the Roosters.

Also, Jesse's clusterf*ck has people conflating it with the salary cap scandal. I guess they just wanted any excuse to be able to bring it up but there is no denying the harm it has done to our club!

P.S. The irony that my name has Inglis in it is not lost on me! I have tried to change it. :)