Anthony Milford

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't want to get myself or my source in trouble as its apparently been hush hush and what I have been told hasn't come out yet so we will have to see if it does when or if a deal is done but It's exactly what Nacho said...Milford has family in Melbourne ...he may or may not have been in Melbourne VERYYY recently seeing those said family members or possibly more ;)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's met with Bellamy apparently.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Foran met with Nathan Brown 3 weeks ago. Doesn't always result in anything or even indicate serious interest.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nathan Brown and the Knights are no Craig Bellamy and the Storm though!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/05/04/11/0 ... aid-player

And now there's this... Can't say I'm really thrilled about the idea of committing that much money to Milford, although the idea of annoying the Broncos is always appealing ☺. I'd hate to think we would spend that much on a player who has already pulled the pin on one club and all we do is destabilize out own roster in the process. That's a lot of money we could be spreading amongst our current group to lock them in long term.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would not put any credibility of $$$ being discussed in the media.

Craig, Frank and the Storm management would not blow the wage scale out to get one new player...no matter how good.

I have utmost faith in the Club to make very smart long term list management decisions...

maybe...just maybe...they might also privately know Bill is hanging up the boots at the end of this year...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was wondering about Bill too. The only way I could imagine them being prepared to put that much in to buying in one player would be if they thought they had plenty of room
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:I would not put any credibility of $$$ being discussed in the media.

Craig, Frank and the Storm management would not blow the wage scale out to get one new player...no matter how good.

I have utmost faith in the Club to make very smart long term list management decisions...

maybe...just maybe...they might also privately know Bill is hanging up the boots at the end of this year...
+1 well said
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would put money on this being Billy's last year.
Munster back to FB and Milford at half back.
Absolutely make it happen.
He's quality and you have pay quality to pry quality away from their existing team.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

tugga wrote:I would put money on this being Billy's last year.
Munster back to FB and Milford at half back.
Absolutely make it happen.
He's quality and you have pay quality to pry quality away from their existing team.
Who is your 6 then?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd say Croft and Milford although that creates 2 notable targets in the defense
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft will be the 7 eventually...but whether he can do it next year is the question.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agent got him a pay rise. Good for him and his family.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Herald Sun guy said Storm spoke to him, but club never made an offer or negotiated with him. So his agent leaks the story and Broncos offer more money. He was never coming. Glad it is over.
braddo7
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Don't think we were ever seriously in with a shot at Milford....its pretty rare we get established, big name players.....cant recall many except for Crock and Kearny