Round 7 - Storm vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree Bula. ALWAYS Happy to beat Manly there in that cowpaddock. Lots of positives ( yes , a few negatives too, but I prefer not to dwell on those ).

2 points
6 tries in 35 mins
10 day break
Top of the ladder
Slater looking better and better
Suli so dangerous
Chambers back next week.
Munster will have gained a lot of confidence from the outing.
Next week should be the first time our preferred 1,6,7 and 9 start the game
Jesse seemed to get through ok
We beat Klein for the second time this season
Tohu hopefully is close to a return.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend, and let's all fire up for the annual Anzac Day game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam and Craig were pretty spot on his the post game presser. Both massively disappointed with the performance.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Happy to get out of that place with a win anytime.
Obviously attack 1st half was best all year and defence the worst it's been all year.
But we r 6-1 so we r in a good spot given we have had 3-4 players out of our best team most games. Just Harris and Chambers to come back now.

Thought Billy was huge today with his runs, try assists and he stopped that manly try in the 2nd half where the guy dropped it over the line as Billy spun him.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Won't win the premiership if you leak 26 unanswered points in 40 minutes but FMD Billy was on point today. And I would take Suli over any of our wingers in recent memory. I'd take him over Folau, that's for sure. And Cooper seems a bit more settled now his future has been sorted out.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well,the Dragons - the other team with only one loss- have also almost blown a big lead to fall over the line at home against the Cowboys , who are missing their 1, 7 ( JT) and 9. Frankly ours is the better win. It just shows this is a tough comp.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Always good to beat moanly. I am looking forward to a game when Storm have there best team playing. Won't knock the team as they are still winning.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I watched the game at the victory hotel in Brisbane. Everyone in the beer garden was barracking for us. Was quite a surreal feeling being interstate and having that support.
We won. Two more points and we move on.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tugga wrote:I watched the game at the victory hotel in Brisbane. Everyone in the beer garden was barracking for us. Was quite a surreal feeling being interstate and having that support.
Storm have a very good following in QLD. So that support shouldn't surprise anyone. The Storm are the fourth Queensland team after all
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

tugga wrote:I watched the game at the victory hotel in Brisbane. Everyone in the beer garden was barracking for us. Was quite a surreal feeling being interstate and having that support.

Gee that would be a first lol. Agreed we take the 2 points and move on. I think the Sharks game took a lot out of us along with the emotion of Cooper leaving
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fox Sports Australia now complaining that Ryley Jacks caught kick off fractionally before putting foot dead. Aaargh.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:Well,the Dragons - the other team with only one loss- have also almost blown a big lead to fall over the line at home against the Cowboys , who are missing their 1, 7 ( JT) and 9. Frankly ours is the better win. It just shows this is a tough comp.
Hopefully Storm and Dragons remain undefeated for a couple more weeks and meet in a battle for top spot at the gong!

Feck Manly... St. Merge are THE biggest rivalry of all. I don't hate them as much as the bullfilth but the inter family rivalry is massive between me and a few uncles and cousins.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:

Gee that would be a first lol
Why? Storm are practically Queenslands 4th team.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Fox Sports Australia now complaining that Ryley Jacks caught kick off fractionally before putting foot dead. Aaargh.
Understandably so - I thought this when I saw it live (and confirmed it when I saw the replays), couldn't believe more fuss wasn't made of it from the pro-Manly officials & commentators...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we missed ryley when he went off and now ive just found out he has a fractured cheekbone (when did that happen cause I thought they said he was ready to come back)