Round 6 - Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That would be a great outcome for us.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if you get a chance listen to Frank ponessi on hungry for sport https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/info/storm-radio.html

that loss has been coming for weeks so not surprised I'm also not that upset about it either we were never gonna win every game all year so we had to lose sometime
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote:... I'm also not that upset about it either we were never gonna win every game all year so we had to lose sometime
You should be. There has not been one good attacking performance all year, and a couple of abysmal ones. Our close attack has got nothing - the points we scored have mostly come from long range attacks. We have also been quite fortunate with refereeing; plenty of 50/50 calls going our way.
Yes we were due a loss, but unless they get their shit together (and both Cam and Bellyache admit they don't have an answer) they will keep coming.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, it's not good that our attack has been better coming out of our own half than it is in our redzone. I think not having a backrower who can punch his nose though a hole is starting to be a major issue in that regard. Also teams are really putting Cronk under added pressure and we haven't adjusted to it at all.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
sallymay wrote:... I'm also not that upset about it either we were never gonna win every game all year so we had to lose sometime
You should be. There has not been one good attacking performance all year, and a couple of abysmal ones. Our close attack has got nothing - the points we scored have mostly come from long range attacks. We have also been quite fortunate with refereeing; plenty of 50/50 calls going our way.
Yes we were due a loss, but unless they get their shit together (and both Cam and Bellyache admit they don't have an answer) they will keep coming.
I don't think it's as dire as that... (yet). It's still early on in the season and there are a number of combinations that need a little more game time to gel. If we can keep things tight defensively then there's no reason to think we can't build on our attacking game. We haven't had much consistency in key positions (Billy out/in, Munster in/out, Jacks out/in) so far so I don't think it's all doom and gloom that the lads haven't been blowing teams off the park with their attack at this stage. Time to worry will be by round 10 if we have had some consistency with the playing squad and the points still aren't coming.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have won 5 from 6. We aren't at the top of our game but we are still WINNING. some teams are playing at the top of their game and LOSING