Cronk is not retiring for now

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Brooks has reportedly re-signed so he's out.
Good. Apparently was after $600K which is far too rich IMO. I don’t get the hype...
Mattpoet wrote:Should we chase Aaron Woods to go alongside Jesse? That could be a top front row.
Again, massive asking price ($1M) which (only my opinion) would not result in value for money. Not even close! I would be spending the money elsewhere, spread over a few positions.

Having this money when Tohu was negotiating would have been nice...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woods is a pillow. Don't want anything to do with him.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If your gunna go after a prop, might I suggest Ben Matulino. Apparently wants out of the Warriors. Wasn't that long ago he was considered up there with Bromwich as the best prop in the game
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Deadpool wrote:If your gunna go after a prop, might I suggest Ben Matulino. Apparently wants out of the Warriors. Wasn't that long ago he was considered up there with Bromwich as the best prop in the game
Whispers around that Matulino is being targeted by a non-Sydney club. Hmmm
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will be interesting to see which way we go if the club decides to buy a ready made replacement which I think they should/will. Will they look at a 7 and have a young bloke like Jacks to fill the 6 or will they chase an experienced 6 and move Croft into the 7? I'd prefer the latter of the two scenarios.

Another thing a mate and I were talking about, would any of you like to have Widdop back? Personally I wouldn't, I think that ship has sailed and we've moved on but my mate is open to it.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would take Widdop back. A halves pairing of Widdop and Croft doesn't sound so bad
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think we can all agree that if we could have any half/five eighth on the market it would be Kieran Foran?
Unfortunately as most of you will know, him returning to Sydney seems odds on.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Inglis#3 wrote:I think we can all agree that if we could have any half/five eighth on the market it would be Kieran Foran?
Unfortunately as most of you will know, him returning to Sydney seems odds on.
Not me. If I could have any half on the market I would take Shaun Johnson. But I can't see him leaving the warriors
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fair shout. Never liked Shaun Johnson's game. But I am aware a few do.
Kieran Foran just makes teams win.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Foran can never stay healthy and I don't like his off field bs. If we want some experience next to Croft then Widdop makes the most sense. I wouldn't say no to a young halves combo though.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why is Foran returning to NSW. I thought he went to the Warriors to get away from the bad influences there.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:Why is Foran returning to NSW. I thought he went to the Warriors to get away from the bad influences there.
His kids are there with his ex
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Inglis#3 wrote:Fair shout. Never liked Shaun Johnson's game. But I am aware a few do.
Kieran Foran just makes teams win.
Yes, but which teams? Read that any way you wish.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Deadpool wrote:I would take Widdop back. A halves pairing of Widdop and Croft doesn't sound so bad
I like your thinking. Not sure how we'd go about poaching another team's skipper though as I'm sure the Dragons would throw a fair bit of $$$ at Widdop. I think he's enjoying being a leader over there as well and may not want to come back to play in the 'shadow' of Cam and Billy.

Also like the thought of Ben Mataulino on cheap $$$ to replace Jordy. If anyone can bring out the best in him it would be Bellyache. Him and Jesse up front would be a great sight!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I remember a long time ago a no name player that we made into a half back oh that's right Cronk or something like that we must have a lot of money in our cap now and if we spend wisely we will be the best team for the next ten years again. We still have players that can go to half back and lets get them beside Cooper now not playing firsts but learning the trade, remember it was Mathew Johns that showed the ropes to Cooper and we know the rest of that story the best half playing alongside the best hooker and fullback. He has never been a talent but worked hard the Belly way. We don't even have to get a half at all Munster 5/8 Croft 7 and find a fullback that Billy can train I am sure Belly will be thinking outside the box and as he has proven more times than not he is right. I am nervous for the future but look forward to the next star we roll out off the might storm production line Cooper Ver 0.2.

All hail Craig B