Cronk is not retiring for now

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jack Bird is one of those guys who will go to who pays him the most (nothing wrong with that btw).

Roberts is more of a backup half in case one of your starters goes down.

Brooks is still only 22 and has talent. Would only get better in our system.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I really hope Coops hangs up the boots, but he won't. I will feel physically ill seeing him in another club's jersey,
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Personally i think he made this decision long ago. The articles about him being in Sydney after career. Just softening everyone up for the big one. I wish he said "yes i am going to play for a Sydney club". Because he definately will. Better to have have a halfback who is actually here all week at training. Even though we are undefeated our attack has been disjointed, and he has been out if position a lot.
I think Brodie Croft is the future. Definately not Luke Brooks. We made Cronk out of nothing and Croft is already ahead of Cronk in development at the same stage in their careers. Drinkwater is also an option.
We can do without Harris, and also McLean. Cronk will be a big loss, but when Smith retires, thats when we are up shit creek.

Ps. Mods, thanks for finally reinstaing my account 6 months after my email change. Note to others, don't change your email address 2 days before the grand final, you'll be waiting a while.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

THE MAURITIAN IS BACK..................we thought you must have lost all internet connection wherever you are living...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:THE MAURITIAN IS BACK..................we thought you must have lost all internet connection wherever you are living...
I just had to lurk and wait. Almost gave up hope.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

On one hand I hope he does play and people see he is not a good without the rest of the Storm players. On the other had I had he is gone for good. I think he will play on.

Also, just saw his interview on NRL 360. He is looking forward to the year with origin and the world cup. Could have said trying to win a premiership for Storm
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:On one hand I hope he does play and people see he is not a good without the rest of the Storm players. On the other had I had he is gone for good. I think he will play on.

Also, just saw his interview on NRL 360. He is looking forward to the year with origin and the world cup. Could have said trying to win a premiership for Storm
Members worry more about Club footy than some players...

Some players take enormous pride out of rep footy...

I don't understand it...but I'm Victorian so Club footy and premierships mean EVERYTHING to me...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storminghome
Squall
Squall

I often laugh when I hear the term "pussy-whipped".

Now I have seen it with my own eyes, and all I can say is Wow. Just wow.

Good luck Cooper.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Silver lining on everything.
Brodie Croft will step in and thrive alongside Cam and Billy.
We have a ready made 10-year half int he waiting,
Frees up serious $ to chase a ready made star.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sorry to see Cronk leave but at least he has done it at the start of the season and not at the end he loves the club and knows that this gives the club the time it needs to plan and buy players it wants with so many good players of contract. Also I think he may retire but he will not announce that until the end of the year which will put the Sydney clubs into meltdown trying to work out how to buy him and he will not come cheep 1.2 a year I think if not more. Thanks for the memories coops go and make some babies that's if you haven't all ready he could be a stay at home dad lol. Just another great player the club has produced with more to come.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Croft will probably need an experienced half alongside him unless he turns out to be exceptionally mature for his age (like Nathan Cleary).
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote:Croft will probably need an experienced half alongside him unless he turns out to be exceptionally mature for his age (like Nathan Cleary).
Agreed. Thought I was the only one thinking it might be worth taking a look at a solid, experienced five-eighth.

Not sure who's on the market currently asides from Mitchell Moses and Kieran Foran (mind you, I wouldn't target either of them).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Should we chase Aaron Woods to go alongside Jesse? That could be a top front row.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brooks has reportedly re-signed so he's out.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Prior to dating Rushton - Am I the only one that just assumed Coop was gay?
My reaction to this was laughter too as I had always wondered.