Tohu Harris to the Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Storm back-rower Tohu Harris has today informed the Club he will be depart at the end of the 2017 season to join the Warriors on a four-year deal.

The Kiwi born Harris, joined Storm as a 17-year old and has only missed one game since his NRL debut in Round 1, 2013.

Harris, 25, has been the definition of consistency progressing from a reliable bench utility to an established 80 minute second rower in Craig Bellamy’s line-up.

Melbourne Storm Football Director Frank Ponissi said, “Tohu has been a valuable member of our squad for the last four seasons and before that three years in our NYC squad having signed as a 16-year old.

“While we are very disappointed to lose him, he has committed to the playing group his desire to finish his time at the Storm on a winning note.”
Crooner
Squall
Squall

Our squad will be looking very different in 2018 by the looks of things
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What an awful piece of news
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Crooner wrote:Our squad will be looking very different in 2018 by the looks of things
With the Big 3 another year older and Slater not even guaranteed to get through this year, I feel we may take a bit of a backward step in 2018.
However I say this every year and Bellamy keeps on reuvenating the squad. I won't write the cagey bugger off.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Worst feeling since Grand Final day. Awful really
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gutted... Just gutted.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Disappointing news, but new players will shine.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've always said how important Tohu is. He is our best ever backrower (spare me the Kearny and Hoffman comments) and when he eventually finishes his career he will be talked about like Wiki or Kearny, massive Kiwi icons of the game.

This is a massive loss for us. I do not doubt the club would have fought very hard to keep him.

I do wonder what the Warriors will do for his career. They've made huge signings but are the notorious flops each year. I really hope Harris is the missing piece and he continues to be an absolute beast. I think Harris has been every Storm fan's favorite player, there is literally no reason not to love the bloke for what he does, he makes us the envy of all other supporters.

At least we enter this year knowing what will happen and we can make the most of his time in purple
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sorry fellow storm supporters but I don't get the hype over Tohu!!
There is no doubt that he is very good member of the team and his work-rate and commitment can never be questioned ( I don't mean that statement in a patronising way) but I don't feel he is the player others think he is.
He is a hard working back rower, usually doing the hard work in the middle rather then bursting tackles on the edges, his defence can not be questioned. He has filled in for the team in the centres (where he played like a back rower filling in as a centre) and even as a 5/8 (where he played like a back rower filling in as a 5/8).
I cannot remember any occasion (I'm sure people on here will correct me) where Tohu has taken the game by the scruff of the neck or produced a sublime bit of skill that has had the crowd on their feet. Where as I can remember many occasions when Tohu has had a 'good game'
he will be a great loss to the storm and other members of the squad and staff have a great respect for him which is obviously more valid then just my opinion but we will find another star player to fill the hole left by him.

(ducks for cover!!!)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and now I hear its a straight swap for Ryan Hoffman... goodie ....sigh
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ugh don't do that to me, Sally.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

coupy73 wrote: He is a hard working back rower, usually doing the hard work in the middle rather then bursting tackles on the edges, his defence can not be questioned.
I cannot remember any occasion (I'm sure people on here will correct me) where Tohu has taken the game by the scruff of the neck or produced a sublime bit of skill that has had the crowd on their feet.
Hmmm....
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Very disappointing, could have been captain after Cam retires if he stayed. By far equal with the Hoff, Kearney and Kidwell as our best back rower. Just hope he has a brilliant season this year and finishes with a premiership. Massive loss, will surely lose his appeal once he goes to the Worriers... a team prone to ruining players' and coaches careers when they are in their prime.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think he could've really established himself here for a few more years.
Hope the Warriors don't ruin his career. Funny coincidence Tohu, Hoff and Kearney all at the Warriors in 2018
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kearney has told Hoffman they won't be resigning him for 2018...