2017Membership Packs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just received my membership pack (well, one of them anyways) and am amazed, is this the earliest they've ever been delivered?
Love the package the kit came in, bit of a shame to have to open it really.
Interested to see what others think of the scarf, i like it, the member sticker, well, meh!
Most importantly got the membership card, which in itself is notable for the absence of Billy Slater, is this a (sad) sign?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My guess is they are trying to move onto the next era of players gradually as Billy, Cam and Coops can't have many years left - sadly.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I do not like the stickers, I love have a big membership sticker and where is the membership badge. I have every year on my hat and this year I do have one. Rather have a badge not a scarf. I think the hats were a better idea because it looks better on television have a ground full of purple hats, but I understand everyone holds up scarfs now. But we need a membership badge
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I judge my membership pack purely on the scarf lol The caps you can rely on to be decidedly average pretty much every year but we've had some (mostly) decent scarves and like to mix it up with whatever year on the cold nights
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wish you could customise your own membership. Like have an online shopping cart (inclusive of the various ticketed options) and depending what you put in it, you get various discounts.

That way, you still get the positive vibes of contributing to the membership but only get the supporter gear you want.

Personally I would love a jersey and other better quality stuff - happy to pay for it noting it would be expensive... I don’t want a sh*tty quality, bright purple hat or cheap scarf.

Eg.
Category 1 seating to each AAMI Park home game.
Mens Authentic Away Jersey.
Mens Media Polo.
Discount - xx% / $xx (based on total value/combination)
Included - Membership card and lanyard.
Total - $xxx

I appreciate that this year the club put up a plethora of options - options are great and I think the choices available this year are the best ever - but, we live in a world now where we can easily let people decide for themselves what they want. We should embrace that.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:I wish you could customise your own membership. Like have an online shopping cart (inclusive of the various ticketed options) and depending what you put in it, you get various discounts.
That way, you still get the positive vibes of contributing to the membership but only get the supporter gear you want.
Personally I would love a jersey and other better quality stuff - happy to pay for it noting it would be expensive... I don’t want a sh*tty quality, bright purple hat or cheap scarf.
Eg.
Mens Media Polo.
Total - $xxx
I appreciate that this year the club put up a plethora of options - options are great and I think the choices available this year are the best ever - but, we live in a world now where we can easily let people decide for themselves what they want. We should embrace that.
I like your thinking and agree with your ideas.Could add in years of membership discount? Whilst the hats have invariably been crappy in the past (and I usually wear the previous years hat the following year as the new one is usually shitter than the previous LOL) I've been promised by the club that this (next) years hat will be much better. Something about listening to feedback from our members (blah blah blah)
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah the scarf is rubbish this year. Was disappointed there was no pin badge.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote:
yourhero wrote:I wish you could customise your own membership. Like have an online shopping cart (inclusive of the various ticketed options) and depending what you put in it, you get various discounts.
Eg.
Mens Media Polo.
Total - $xxx
I like your thinking and agree with your ideas.Could add in years of membership discount? Whilst the hats have invariably been crappy in the past (and I usually wear the previous years hat the following year as the new one is usually shitter than the previous LOL) I've been promised by the club that this (next) years hat will be much better. Something about listening to feedback from our members (blah blah blah)
I literally have like 12 hats from previous years membership for me and my wife and they are so crappy I can't even give them away!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is my 15th year as a member so got my scarf as part of that.

Love it!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

The sticker has already started to peel off my car window.
I too wanted a pin. I have them stuck to my jacket since I first became a member in 2006 but won't have one this year.
I don't mind the scarf, but the stickers are absolutely horrendous for the second time in three years.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree re the stickers. I thought someone had tried to rip it off the car, but it is just poor quality. Disappointing.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

My stickers have now almost completely fallen off my car back window. Compare it with my Richmond 2017 membership sticker that I applied on the same day and it looks like new.
I have Tweeted Storm with the pic a week ago. No response.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I haven't got my pack yet (apparently officially declared lost) but I am already missing the badge. Even that year the badge looked homemade - it was still something I could put on my hat. I have every badge from 2000 (I can't find the 1999 one).

I'd love to choose, even if just from the 'normal' stuff. We get a family membership so four hats each year and now four scarves - they are all just surplus. I'd take just a badge and they could save on the extra merchandise. Add in a flag to the selection and I think everyone would be happy to select one of these things.

I also love the idea of anniversary merchandise, like 10 year scarf, that some AFL teams do. That would be special.