In the 2016 grand final

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Khe sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Syd-Ne-Ey, khe sera sera
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be there. Booked my ticket months ago and would be going regardless of who was playing... but I Guess the gods have smiled on me/us.

I can't wait!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ditto for us. Very excited.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Have to work that night and start early since it's a Vic only holiday which will leave a backlog of orders for Monday morning. Zzzzz have to leave at 9.30pm
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So, when we receive our special numbers (for the ticketed members) and we go ahead and purchase our tickets, are we automatically put into the appropriate area to be with like minded fans? How does it work, are there dedicated sections for each level of seating? I only want seats in the plebs section (it's already costing a bloody fortune) but want to be with the rest of us.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:So, when we receive our special numbers (for the ticketed members) and we go ahead and purchase our tickets, are we automatically put into the appropriate area to be with like minded fans? How does it work, are there dedicated sections for each level of seating? I only want seats in the plebs section (it's already costing a bloody fortune) but want to be with the rest of us.
Hey mate in the 4 Storm GFS I've travelled to when we book online the tickets are only available in storm sections.

IIRC it's 10k tickets per final team for their members and our codes are all allocated to the same area
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well, waking up feeling extremely dusty after a big night of celebrating, what a win!! I'm ecstatic we are going back to the big dance, full credit to Canberra's players they were shot with injuries and hung tough and made us earn every inch, was a classic semi final and the perfect warm up for a grand final, I think it will put us in good stead.

I thought Munster was absolutely sublime, he was wounded and just kept showing up with big plays, put Koro away, put Blair over, and just before Cronks try when Canberra were peppering our line up 6-2 he came up with a huge 1 on 1 steal on Sezer when we were looking shaky, huge turning point in the game, I can't see even the great Billy Slater taking the 1 jersey off this kid now. Koroibete, Bromwich and Green my other standouts.

I have also skimmed the Raiders forum and surprisingly they are whining about every call, the seem to think Wightons sin bin was the wrong call (seriously? These morons know nothing about rugby league that was a textbook sin bin).

Going to enjoy this week, up the Storm!!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone know how much tickets are? No doubt it's a far cry from the $80 or whatever it was in 2012.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The whinging has already started at League Unlimited. Melbourne are boring, wrestle, salary cap. You know; predictable rhetoric.

I'll be keeping my discussion about the game in here. Will not discuss on LU at all until after the game.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote:Anyone know how much tickets are? No doubt it's a far cry from the $80 or whatever it was in 2012.
I think ours were $135 but they are premium.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm flying out of MEL at 12.30pm Sunday, staying at the Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport and then back again on the 1pm flight Monday.
Would love to catch up with some of you before the game. I went to the 2012 GF by myself and even though I'm 184cm and 86kg, I felt really intimidated to be a lone Storm supporter there.
if anyone wants to imbibe in a few beers on the lawn outside of ANZ Stadium where they have the beer tent and live music, I'd be most grateful.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Got two out of three things organised - flights and accommodation. Just need a single ticket in the members allocation bays tomorrow and I'm all set. I know that'll be no problem but until I actually have it printed and in my hands I'll likely remain a little nervous. Missing out on that would be a very expensive disaster.

I'm supposed to be back at work Monday after a two week break. Will have to call in a favour and take another day off!

I wonder what stories the Sydney press will whip up this week. Are we kicking puppies now? Stealing candy from babies?
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Does anyone know what end our end will be?
My ticket is for S145-2 row 37.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:Does anyone know what end our end will be?
My ticket is for S145-2 row 37.
Probably the same end as 2012 - the southern end or to the right when looking at a stadium map or on TV. The opposite end has an extra tier so the NRL will likely give that to the Sharks since they'll have more support.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
KimmorleyKiller wrote:Anyone know how much tickets are? No doubt it's a far cry from the $80 or whatever it was in 2012.
I think ours were $135 but they are premium.
Cheerin'.

Anyone got a members code they can shoot a home boy?