In the 2016 grand final

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It's unfair to blame only Chambers when Welsh gave away a penalty that lost us the lead.
Just woke up and it still hurts. Having to hide all posts from the NRL because I still can't bear to look at it
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It's hard enough having to face this day after, now if I'm reading into this correctly, I'm accused of shunting the blame on Chambers??? Wrong. I object to that inference. Yes, if a pass happened to go to Cronk, the result notionally was ours, but Will was our most creative player last night. I was merely stating a fact. He does have a deficiency in his game and that's something the coaching staff need to addresss.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

We've been conceding penalties all year and still holding teams out. I think Bellyache would be more disappointed with the feeble defense the following set than Welch giving away a penalty. Penalty wasn't the worst thing I'd seen either.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

But if only will passed like we all told him to do all year
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gutted. At least sharks fans were decent - well at least to me anyway
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk was invisible all night. Maybe Chambers just didn't see him?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk was dissapointing last night.
I heard the commentators say Cronk hadn't kicked in the Storm's last four sets!
Then when he DID kick he came up with some awful options.
Feki goes off and we kicked to Suli once. So frustrating at times.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk may have more Dally M's and Clive Churchill's than Smith but Smith/Slater have always been our MVP's.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk had a poor game no doubt but I'm not sure what we could've done differently to change things. The Sharks' defence was in his face everytime he got near the ball. Pressured him into mistakes.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maloney got away with taking Suli out (tripped him) leading up to the Chambers kick. Wonder how different things could've been...

I hate feeling like this.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's an awful feeling.....just awful... :sad5:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storm77
Squall
Squall

As much credit as some are giving WC for the try he scored. He also almost blew that try by cutting in field to beat three defenders instead of passing it to a wide open SV.
The guy likes to play hero ball. Not saying he is the reason we lost because he wasn't but he isn't a good team player.
By the way the idea that Fifita is celebrating after scoring the match winning try proves that there is no such thing as karma.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

It was a very deflating feeling leaving the stadium last night. I thought we played well even in defeat and even though the Sharks got out ahead we wouldn't say die right until the end. I thought for sure we had scrambled enough to have had Fifita held up but he managed to get the ball down.

Saw pretty much the entire team, coaches and staff at the Tigerair gates this morning. They looked very tired, a bit down and like they just wanted to go home - but despite that still seemed in good spirits for the most part.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

We played well enough to win, but not scoring in the first half really hurt us.
Sharks deserved to win. In fact either side would have deserved to win.
I thought our boys were immense given the crowd would have been very off putting.
Had a great day and night though. Perfect weather, sitting on the grass listening to the band with a few cold cans in shorts and sunglasses.
Pregame entertainment was epic. Keith Urban blew me away.
I'm an AFL fan and the sooner they go to a night or twilight GF, the better. The atmosphere was something I haven't been able to describe.
Drank with Broncos supporters at a pub near Central Station after the game. Got to bed at 3am.
Just got home and will be an early night.
Just wished we'd pinched it.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I feel sorry for the storm fans that left right after the final siren. They missed a great speech from our captain and a chance to show our boys how much we appreciate their efforts this season. I just know Cam could see me waving to him even though I was three levels up and about 10 rows back!

Side note - A sweet old lady came up to me before the game when I was looking for my seat and said 'You look lost young man' and I thought she was about to help me find my seat or something and she followed up with 'You should be in Melbourne' and all the Cronulla fans had a good laugh. I thought that was a fantastic burn!

Same as others on here, I had nothing but positive experiences with the Sharks fans. The only thing I begrudge them is that their stupid club song is so damn catchy I'm still singing it in my head.... 'Up, Up, Cronulla...' AAAAAHHHH!