Round 26 - Storm vs Sharks - MINOR PREMIERSHIP BATTLE

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:I hope like hell that this weekend, Smith throws the ball at every player who rolls away from the ruck. Archer has already defended the decision and said that they have to blow a penalty in those situations.

If so, game on for everyone. I'm sure that will be a f**king fantastic look for the game in the finals...

Or just pass the ball into the pocket ref as suggested by Vossy. Get the feed in a scrum at the end of a set.

Yep its ridiculous. If we get trapped down our end, Cam should pass straight into them.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I hope like hell that this weekend, Smith throws the ball at every player who rolls away from the ruck. Archer has already defended the decision and said that they have to blow a penalty in those situations.

If so, game on for everyone. I'm sure that will be a f**king fantastic look for the game in the finals...

Or just pass the ball into the pocket ref as suggested by Vossy. Get the feed in a scrum at the end of a set.
I recall the game against the Tigers where Melbourne should have got a penalty and the refs called play on.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Am I the only one who thinks we could go out in straight sets?
(I can't believe I just said that. Ducks for cover)
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If you haven't already seen it, make sure you watch Matt Elliot's "The Breakdown" video this week.
Great insight into tactics Cronulla use and how they used it effectively against us.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we could go out in straight sets?
(I can't believe I just said that. Ducks for cover)
Wash that mouth of yours out Tugga....

the boys are primed in 2016....this means a lot to them
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's no doubt whatsoever we've been down on form and a bit of a lull in recent weeks but i think we're at the back end of it and will be ready to fire coming into the finals. The Broncos, Cows and Sharks have all had a flat patch this season and got through it and i don't think we're any different. Our best football will beat anyone on any given day and i honestly don't think we're far off getting back to that and i reckon we'll get the win on Saturday night and take a bit of momentum into the finals.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tugga, I have been thinking that for a few weeks. We were still winning but not playing as well as we did. We have lost two out of our last three games, with a close couple of wins before that.

On a positive note: Everyone is raving about our forward pack. Saying how good they are playing and there size is helping us. Which is correct, but I has anyone thought that maybe having Jason Ryles as the forwards coach has made a big impact on how good are forwards have got.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:Is Cheyse Blair injured? Not named for Easts or the Falcons?
There are a few players I'd like to see lift for this game. Our outside backs are going to have their hands full in defence and will need to be solid with their communication and reads. We'll need our forwards to get a roll up the middle and really dominate their pack who are prone to poor discipline when pressed. Can't let the nigglers get in our heads: expect Ennis and Maloney to do their best/worst on that front.
Couldn't care less about the minor premiership, but I don't want to finish second and have to play a red hot raiders in week 1 of the finals. Home stretch now: we just need 3 wins in the next month or so to wrap up the season.
Danger D re: Cheyse Blair not sure if he is injured or not. If he isn't with Qld Cup starting finals perhaps he is not qualified not sure what qualification for finals is.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Are we on FTA TV by any chance, or just FoxSports?
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just FoxSports - VERY bad scheduling by the NRL/NEIN
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thanks, that's a shame. Broadcast schedule on NRL.com says 9 are broadcasting the game, but I have looked for both Melbourne and Sydney regions and there's no coverage as fas as I can see.

FORTUNATELY, if one has a Kodi box!! Yee-haw. Live picture can be a bit 'fizzy' but if you can't get to the game as you have a raging cold, it's a small price to pay.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:
Danger D re: Cheyse Blair not sure if he is injured or not. If he isn't with Qld Cup starting finals perhaps he is not qualified not sure what qualification for finals is.
Good point re eligibility for cup finals. I thought maybe the club was carrying him as a backup in case will strained his shoulder from all the passing drills we must be making him do!
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kettles wrote:Thanks, that's a shame. Broadcast schedule on NRL.com says 9 are broadcasting the game, but I have looked for both Melbourne and Sydney regions and there's no coverage as fas as I can see.

FORTUNATELY, if one has a Kodi box!! Yee-haw. Live picture can be a bit 'fizzy' but if you can't get to the game as you have a raging cold, it's a small price to pay.
Check out the nrl reddit storm sharks thread just before kick-off. The end of fuzzy streams. Not sure if i am meant to say that, but thats what i watch.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Mauritian wrote:
Kettles wrote:Thanks, that's a shame. Broadcast schedule on NRL.com says 9 are broadcasting the game, but I have looked for both Melbourne and Sydney regions and there's no coverage as fas as I can see.

Check out the nrl reddit storm sharks thread just before kick-off. The end of fuzzy streams. Not sure if i am meant to say that, but thats what i watch.

Thank you to The Mauritian. That's great. Am going to give it a try. Hola looks good too, and that's free!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Proctor a possible late inclusion, meaning we probably run out as;

8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cam Smith ©
10. Tim Glasby
18. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

11. Kenny Bromwich
14. Felise Kaufusi
15. Christian Welch
16. Jordan McLean

17. Ben Hampton
21. Matt White

We need to carry the extra forward against Cronulla and Welch has earned that. He has been a successful offloading machine.

They embarrassed our pack last time we met. Their line speed was outstanding (although they seemingly were never going to be penalised for offside).

The boys better have their attitude and effort at peak setting or I don't think we get there - then we limp into the finals on the back of two losses. FIRE UP BOYS! Get in Fifita's face. Get off the defensive line fast...

An enthusiastic and consistent line speed, mitigates the constant offloads and forces mistakes when they try it. We obviously struggle with offload after offload so I think Bellamy needs to manoeuvre here to stay ahead of the curve. I think it's critical as everyone thinks they have us figured out now.