Round 24- Storm vs. Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So we only need ONE more win for a top 2 finish. I'd suggest if we win on Saturday and against Brisbane the following weekend the minor premiership will be decided in the final round.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Kevin Proctor will miss this week due to a low grade knee injury he picked up Monday night. (1-2 week injury)

Asofa Solomona apparently copped a back injury very late last week but club is hoping he returns this week.

McLean an outside chance to play but if not will be back for Broncos game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shows how pointless team list Tuesdays are.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Probably expect another performance like the last couple weeks but the last 2 games we'll resume normal transmission.
We all know regular season counts for little in the end.

And if I could add my 2 cents to the Chambers/Morgan argument, although will has been in frustrating form he still is the best centre we have and one of our very best centres ever so I'll back him to be hitting his straps by finals and I'd much rather and in form Chambers then Morgan.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well how about he hits his straps (I.e. Gets back to match fitness) in the reggies? Or at very least stops trying to be Justin Hodges?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

At last someone has said it. I did not like the way Justin Hodges played and l have been thinking he has been playing like him since origin last year
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You'd all be drooling if Chambers had Hodges playmakng skills. He wasn't a Matt Gidley type centre but Hodges set up his winger a fair bit.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would love it if Will played like Hodges. He needs the same fire in his belly that Hodges brought to every ball carry. One of the best dummy half runners to ever play the game. If will did a bit more of that I don't think I would mind his lack of passing so much.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:You'd all be drooling if Chambers had Hodges playmakng skills.
Exactly. IF
Not only was Hodges a devastating dummy half runner, he did have a good passing game.
Will is a great wide runner, but more often than not his dummy half runs gain only a few metres. And my thought on his passing game is that too often he runs towards the sideline and closes out his winger's space - so yes, he doesn't pass often because the options aren't there, but that is frequently a situation of his own making.
He's big, strong and fast; and in another team he may well have found himself shifted to an edge forward role.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think you either move him to left centre to see if that helps straighten his running game or he's eventually moved to the wing. Doubt either happens though.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's his right foot step though which is his asset, which is why he plays on the right, but he does need to straighten a lot of his runs to give his winger space for sure
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Late mail suggesting Morgan will come in for Blair.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy doesn't think Blair is passing the ball to Suli enough....
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:Bellamy doesn't think Blair is passing the ball to Suli enough....
:lol: :lol: