Round 23 - Raiders vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I tell you something for a fact and for free. There are a lot of people on here that have voiced serious concerns, not just me. And for a forum that has serious posters of people who have more than a passing interest in the game, we have to take it on board that we indeed have a problem with the current number 3. It is no coincidence that Suliasi's tries have all but dried up. I was merely the first to raise the issue and face it, I'm right. My concerns have been vindicated through the words of plenty on here. Yes, we have a problem. Do we have a solution? Yes, in the guise of the bloke who was rapidly dropped on the first place having done no wrong by his team and by all reports, is carving it up with one of our feeder clubs.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Apologies, I don't want to single out or target anyone for abuse, I'm just frustrated as this situation that has been apparent for weeks is apparently not a problem in the coaches/selectors minds and something needs to be done, godammit.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Again, I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to figure out. Chambers is one of the teams leaders and has been one of our best players since coming back to league. As soon as he was fit he was going to come back into the team for one of Blair or Morgan. The fact that Morgan was only signed for depth and played on the side Chambers played made it a pretty easy choice for why he was the one to make way. That's the way every team in every sport around the world deals with players returning.

I said it after last week that I think Chambers' running angle doesn't help our wingers but I'm not blaming him for Suli's try scoring dropping off. He's had fewer chances because our attack hasn't looked as polished since origin. Teams are also defending him and us much better.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I watch him very closely and over 2 seasons he has had an aversion to passing - and that is not a desirable trait in a centre. I love it when he gets it right and scores, but that ain't happening a fat lot ATM. I don't have an issue with his defensive capabilities, but his offence efforts have largely turned to sh!t.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

None of White, Hampton, Griffin and Croft played yesterday. Someone has to replace Kaufusi , who did play, but will it be White or Hampton? Are Griffin and Croft resting , or will our encumbent nos 7 and 9 be rested tonight ? No idea, but makes me nervous !

As to the right centre issue, some observations.

1. Morgan has been excellent since he joined us.
2. Chambers has been disappointing since his return.
3. Morgan's performances this season with us have been better than Chambers's performances since his return.
4. Chambers's best is much better than Morgan's best.

Matching point 4 with point 3 creates the conundrum for the selectors. I except they are hoping Will hits his straps before the finals. There is no easy answer to this one, nor is there a clear answer to whether it is "Chambers's" or "Chambers' " !
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:
As to the right centre issue, some observations.

1. Morgan has been excellent since he joined us.
2. Chambers has been disappointing since his return.
3. Morgan's performances this season with us have been better than Chambers's performances since his return.
4. Chambers's best is much better than Morgan's best.

Matching point 4 with point 3 creates the conundrum for the selectors. I except they are hoping Will hits his straps before the finals. There is no easy answer to this one, nor is there a clear answer to whether it is "Chambers's" or "Chambers' " !
Hit the nail smack bang on the head with absolutely everything there and it'd take a brave/silly person to disagree with any of it. Oh and i'll go with Chambers' :D
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it would take a fair amount of Chambers playing like absolute rubbish and costing us games for him to be dropped. And considering we didn't drop Cronk last year, who was playing much worse and actually played a part in us not playing well, then Chambers is fine.

And yea, Chambers'.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers'
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Definitely Chambers'.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk & Smith both playing tonight. Hampton and White in for Kaufusi & NAS.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here's the lineup....

1. Cameron Munster
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. William Chambers
4. Cheyse Blair
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
21. Matt White
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

10. Tim Glasby
14. Kenny Bromwich
15. Christian Welch
18. Ben Hampton
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I watched the 2013 world club challenge last night, just for something to do and Chmbers did not pass the ball then. Sullivan scored 16 tries without Chambers and has scored 1 with Chambers. I know you tell me I wrong and it is not Chambers fault but in my opinion, which I am allow to have, he is a factor in us not scroing as many tries
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That is why i cant stand Green. Bombed try through selfishness Widdop style.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Dooper Cooper saves the day.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How many times the last few weeks has Suli completely misjudged a high ball? Do we blame Chambers for that or....?