Round 23 - Raiders vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Strange half, Cheyse Blair & Koroibete have been destroyed on that edge, very surprising considering it's all they have got, surely Bellyache done his homework I'm surprised we have been caught short there afew times. We could easily be infront, I think we can get them at the back end of the game as they seem to be blowing abit, I think right after halftime we need to go up a gear in enthusiasm as they will crumble if we crack them early I think. Tough sort of game to predict. Might be another nail biter.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if they will have the balls to cite Hodgson for that effort on Jesse's head and neck.

If this keeps up Brandy and Waz will be Dutch ruddering with glee this evening. They are practically in tears over the penalty count in Storm's favor at the moment.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So many players MIA tonight

Not Chambers though, two stupid penalties on Croker
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandy calls that blatant forward pass from BJ to Rankin "debatable".

FMD could he be any more transparent?!?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How does CB justify dropping NAS? Given the size of Canberra... we opt for Hampton lol. The game would be less of an armwrestle if we had some punch in our attack and starch in our defence
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chambers has been awful again. Two dumb penalties on croker
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So far we have 1 forward who has made over 100m... I'll just let that sink in. Where'd our team go?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

This was the game to give players some rest. Missed opportunity. One we could rue.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The refs let the raiders get away with a fair bit in the ruck. They've been holding down our guys and no whistle for the refs. Our guys need to show more intent to get back to their feet.
Monsoon
Monsoon

They played their grand final tonight, we have bigger ambitions, forget that one move on.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Inglis#3 wrote:This was the game to give players some rest. Missed opportunity. One we could rue.
Absolutely. This was a wasted chance at giving 2 of cronk, smith and jbro a rest
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Absolutely bashed up the middle tonight. The structured attack working wonders for opposing defences again. Are we in a time machine and gone back to 2015?
Last edited by blazza18 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Clueless in attack. Not aggressive enough in defence.

Not impressed at all.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Monsoon
Monsoon

Flat, no enthusiasm, no creativity, so surprised NAS & Kaufusi were dropped seeing how we just got smashed by the Raiders big pack, You throw them 2 in with Macca and we can more than match them, just wasn't good enough Canberra wanted it more. Might be a good wake up call with the finals around the corner, definitely not writing us off at our best we can still win this competition.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Terrible performance.

I can't understand how Will Chambers has maintained a spot in first-grade. He's been atrocious.

This felt a lot like the Bulldogs loss. The team had enough ball to win it but did nothing with possession but cough it up or make poor last-tackle options.

That being said I can't remember a team going into the finals off the back of more than seven or more wins and taking the premiership. It's better to now re-focus and try to use the next three games to reset.