Round 21 - Storm vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1 Cameron Munster
2 Suliasi Vunivalu
3 Will Chambers
4 Cheyse Blair
5 Marika Koroibete
6 Blake Green
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith ©
10 Felise Kaufusi
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Tohu Harris
13 Dale Finucane

14 Kenny Bromwich
15 Christian Welch
16 Matt White
17 Young Tonumaipea

Cowboys are missing JT and have named Ray Thompson in the halves. I think this one is very winnable for us.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Glasby is a late inclusion, who does he come in for? White? Or Tonumaipea?

It would be interesting to understand Tonumaipea's bench selection a little more. Is there any lingering doubt over Munster's fitness?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The boys better bring their game faces or risk embarrassment. JT didn't play for pretty much the entie second half against the Dogs and they almost looked even better without him somehow.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not taking much from that 2nd half. Dogs were gone well before then. Cowboys will be up for this one with or without JT though.

I don't get why Young has been on the bench the last few weeks. He's hardly played and when he's come on he's made really bad defensive decisions and they've led to tries. I'm not a fan of White but I'd much prefer us stick with four forwards.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree that if Glasby is fit - and Munster is ok ( looked great against Chooks) - then Glasby comes in for Young. Francis T apparently was injured last weekend, so cupboard getting very bare with Props. Hopefully Glasby back this week, and then NAS and Jordy before finals.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh no Francis...what happened...was that in PNG
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glasby back will be a welcome inclusion with our forward stock somewhat depleted. He was playing some good footy before he got injured so it's great to have him back. Frank said on SEN the other day Nas and McLean are progressing well and should be back mid August which would be great to get a couple games under their belt for our finals assault.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:Oh no Francis...what happened...was that in PNG
I am not sure how serious. He went off after 29 minutes and did not return, and the match report said Easts were hampered by 2 injuries in the first 30 minutes. Looking at the interchanges for the game, unfortunately it means Francis has to have been one of those injuries . Easts have a bye this week, so maybe Frank P will tell us on the injury report tomorrow - don't hold your breathe , though !
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol I might just ask Francis himself proberly find out more info that way then Frank P injury report

also there were photos of the boys at the airport and Mark Nicolas was with them...unless he was just going as far as brissie to hook up with falcons then he might be 18th man or playing
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't mind having Young on the bench because our forwards can play big minutes without losing too much impact so we don't necessarily need 4 on the bench unless we're thinking of covering for injuries. I'd like to see Young make a real impact off the bench though otherwise there's no point having him. He can run the ball well and is quick back to his feet so if we can use that energy towards the middle of the second half then it may help our side get a roll on up the middle.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The problem with Young on the bench is both times he's only come on it's been because of injury cover, which isn't exactly how you should use your bench and when he has come on he's made more impact for the other team. I hate having outside backs on the bench. Doesn't make any sense to me. At least with Hampton there he can literally play anywhere.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Or Young T might be in case Cronk or Smith are rested. In the case of Cronk being rested, Young T to Fullback, Munster to 1/2.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glasby & Hampton IN
Tonumaipea & White OUT
Welch to start, Kaufusi to the bench

1. Cameron Munster
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Cheyse Blair
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
15. Christian Welch
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenny Bromwich
10. Felise Kaufusi
18. Ben Hampton
24. Tim Glasby
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Outside of not naming super passer Morgan in the halves, that's pretty much our best team we can name.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty good first half. Our forwards are going strong and our defence is solid - noting that one glaring error where Chambers and Vunivalu came in unnecessarily.

High paced game!