Round 19 vs Newcastle Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great play Tonomaipea and Green.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Shut that one out of our minds. Take the 2 points and fire up against the Rooters.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair outstanding in defense today. I thought Munster was a little rusty and Chambers struggled but to be expected I guess.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Collect the two points and walk away. Was always going to be a tougher game than it looked on paper due to a myriad of factors.
Marika my best on field today.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yep already focused on next week, 2 points move on.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Knights played out of their skin today. They were up for that game. Glad to take 2 points home.

Lots of reasons why we'd be a little of our game today but we definitely missed the likes of McLean, Glasby and Nelson.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looked like a team who hadn't trained or played together for awhile. Did what we needed to do to get the win which is all the matters around origin.

Was great to have Chambers and Munster back in the team again. Both will be better for the run.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Knights were great and while we were pretty average you have to attribute a fair bit of that to Newcastle i think. That said we were arguably not the better side today yet still got the points so that's always a good sign. Games like that never hurt in that it helps in case any complacency was setting in in and keeps them on their toes a bit. Both Munster and Chambers will be better for the run, lets hope Marika pulls up fine and bring on the Chooks Saturday night. It feels like forever (again) since we've played at home.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope Ryan Morgan starts banging down the door for selection. Chambers can afford 1 or 2 games like that max before Bellamy should start considering his options
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agreed. Chambers is walking on thin ice for me. Had a few opportunities where he could have made the pass to Suliasi today and held it. Was making poor decision frequently before his injury too. You'd have to give Chambers a few weeks but Ryan Morgan made the right decision most times when he was in the side.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Terrible game but that's what you get when you don't do any training at all for a week
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"Will's really our man. He's one of our strikes when we have the ball, but we didn't have much. He had to do a lot more defence than we hoped.
- Bellamy.

Wanting Morgan over Chambers is a bit of a joke really.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'd take Morgan over Chambers on this year's showing any day. Chambers is just so bloody selfish.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kettles wrote:I'd take Morgan over Chambers on this year's showing any day. Chambers is just so bloody selfish.
Up until this year Morgan was renowned for never holding onto the ball...most Parra fans we happy to see him leave.

So while Morgan has played well so far...I'd take Will's allround game and extensive big game experience (especially Finals).

Will's gonna take a few weeks to come back up to speed with the game seeing howlong he's been out...but he will be a god send at the pointy end of the season
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What about his selfishness and his almost refusal to pass to his outside wing??