Rnd 14 vs Roosters @ Allianz

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As most have said, just an all-round great team performance tonight. Our best in years...

Everyone was great, way too hard to pick a standout.

One point which I thought was important, when the game was young and the Roosters were still in it, they had a couple of chances inside our half and Cheyse Blair was brilliant in defence. Cut down some Roosters players in space and really halted their attack. I have never been too fussed with Blair since joining but credit where it's due, he was a rock in defence tonight.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep Blair's defense really impressed me. Definitely a keeper.
Our back 3 were awesome. Loved the set play down the middle with Marika bursting onto the ball! And Munster! Looked like a season veteran.
Just can't say enough about that performance. Too good.
3 - Cameron Munster
2 - Dale Finucane
1 - NAS
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Top 4 spot now seems very likely. I can't see the top 4 changing, it's just the order in which Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks and us finish. We can actually win the comp.
How good is it to finally see a Storm side with a brute of a forward pack? Oh, and I have corporate box seats for the Tigers game coming up. (just thought I'd mention that for no reason other than to gloat)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know how Finucane isn't talked up more as an origin player. All he does is put in 100% every week.

Also Munster is making plays as a ball player he couldn't do last year. Fantastic to see his development in that area. He's a more dangerous player now he can create for himself and others.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have always likened Dale Finucane to Dallas Johnson. I was pumped when we signed him. I think Dale was born for Origin. For him I hope he gets picked for Game 2.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Fincane really suits having his ears taped up.
Slight tongue and cheek, but if he consistently keeps his ears taped up, he might get to be a true blue like my fav Benny Elias :-)
On a serious not I'm a big fan of Dale and he has had a few issues with the fumbled ball or a few situations where communication breaks down, but that's football. He has big minutes in him, he is a work horse in defence and big ticker allows him to hitup after hitup and he does a great job attack also. Great all rounder, he just needs to keep playing like he is, awesome player.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dale doesn't do anything half-assed. Every hit-up, every hit in defence is with absolute purpose. He is as tough as nails and the type of player Bellamy adores.

We have missed that rugged toughness for a number of years now... Dale also offers more than DJ (IMO). As great as DJ was, he never had a power running game in him. DJ had flawless tackling technique but Dale has big shots in him.

Finucane doesn't have heaps of flair. There is no flash stepping (his offload last night though was brilliant). He won't ever get massive media applause because of that... but, he is the kind of player that will leave a big toughness-gap in any team he leaves.

Keep it up big fella, you're killing it.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Gaiscioch wrote:...
On a serious note* I'm a big fan of Dale ...
I meant to say on a serious "note".

But yeah if your looking for good technique and professionalism to the game, Finucane has it in spades.
Definitely made for SOO.
Take a look at his ready position for defence, great balance and keeps himself square as much as possible.
His ready position on attack is great also with hands open and in front showing a target for the passer to pass to.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watching the replay... Cam's best goal kicking display in years.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Don't care about the 46.
Absolutely love the 0.
This is the kind of Storm D we haven't seen since winning the premiership.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone else love the impact off the bench?
Glasby, NAS, Kaufusi and also Kenny in particular have been outstanding.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam Munster
19 Runs
195 Metres
10 Tackle Breaks
3 Try Assists
3 Line Break Assists
4 Line Breaks
4 Tackles
0 Missed Tackles

Just. Frigging. Ridiculous.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yourhero while I liken Dale to DJ. You are right Dale has more strings to his bow then DJ.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:Don't care about the 46.
Absolutely love the 0.
This is the kind of Storm D we haven't seen since winning the premiership.
Please. Storm D should never be spoken of again!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just looking ahead to Dragons game, looking at our squad, Slade Griffin would be the natural replacement for Cameron Smith.

One concern I have is whether he has enough match practice since returning from injury. The other thing I note is from the team lists on QRL live site he didn't play this weekend. I hope this doesn't indicate another injury. Or is it just a case of putting him in cotton wool to ensure he is right for Saturday? I would have thought he needed more match practice. Does anyone know why Slade didn't play this weekend?