Round 10 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys
Saturday 14 May, 5:30pm
Suncorp Stadium

1. Cameron Munster
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Tohu Harris
4. Ben Hampton
5. Cheyse Blair
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Jordan McLean
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenny Bromwich
15. Tim Glasby
16. Christian Welch
17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

Possibly Curtis Scott in for Hampton in the centres. Hampton to the bench. Welch out.

Or Scott to centre, Harris to backrow, Kaufusi to bench, Welch out.

There was talk of more than one outside back in contention for a return. How is Koroibete going? If good, direct swap for Blair.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The line I hear trotted out is that "Melbourne are the one team that has not played Brisbane or the Cowboys yet".

80 unanswered points in the last 2 rounds is comforting, but I think this will be a good chance to show our credentials. What will the critics say if we win, I wonder?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:The line I hear trotted out is that "Melbourne are the one team that has not played Brisbane or the Cowboys yet".

80 unanswered points in the last 2 rounds is comforting, but I think this will be a good chance to show our credentials. What will the critics say if we win, I wonder?
If we were playing the Broncos, I'd have $50 on Bennett's answer to that being, "Oh, the rep round had a massive detrimental effect on us. Rep round is stupid, blah blah blah"...

There is no bigger whinger in the game but he doesn't get the recognition for all of his hard work.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's into whinging for the love of it, he doesn't care if others get the plaudits
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just a thought for the upcoming Origin period, I notice that Jake Turpin is playing Q Cup for the second straight week. Is he a chance for seniors?
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Maybe we might have actual centres this week. Go with curtis and ryan morgan i think
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't see Bellamy picking Morgan without him having some game time in Qld Cup.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:The line I hear trotted out is that "Melbourne are the one team that has not played Brisbane or the Cowboys yet".

They can say all they like but we're nine weeks in and we've been scheduled to play the Worriers and the Tits twice in that time, who's fault is it?

JT always worries me, all the way back to when he was a newly promoted (to the first grade side) Bullgrub, he's been very good at tearing us apart.

Oh well, we're the home team that should count for something. ..?...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The criticism is fair when we've also lost both our games against the two top 8 teams we've played. We have also looked very ordinary until our last two games, which have been against team who've been awful. This week is a big test. Don't expect us to win but if we're competitive it'll be a good sign given most of backline is out.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:The criticism is fair when we've also lost both our games against the two top 8 teams we've played. We have also looked very ordinary until our last two games, which have been against team who've been awful. This week is a big test. Don't expect us to win but if we're competitive it'll be a good sign given most of backline is out.
+1 my thoughts exactly
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

This is where the metal meets the meat. We will know on Saturday night if we are premiership contenders.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OMG I just realised this game is at Suncorp as part of the double header!!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So we are going to judge the season on one game. Good one!! Happy where are and I see improvement that will do me thanks.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well it's good to know where we're at. Makes sense given we're playing the defending premiers/one of the benchmarks of the league.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Marika is back! Updated line-up.

1. Cameron Munster
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
4. Ben Hampton
5. Cheyse Blair
18. Marika Koroibete
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich