Round 10 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brian wrote:
yourhero wrote:Massive, massive win. Great performance in a tough game.

That try saver from Munster and Tohu was ridiculous.
Ridiculous ..is that a good ridiculous ?
Of course. More unbelievable than anything. How Tohu got there and managed to keep him out I'll never know.
Brian
Squall
Squall

blazza18 wrote:Hate singling out one player after that type of game, but Jordan McLean has started to look like he's enjoying playing footy again. He's running a lot harder and hitting the defence with more aggression. He's making a big impact when he comes off the bench.
Agree , him and NAS bent their line convincingly
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sen-bloody-sensational
Brian
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:
Brian wrote:
yourhero wrote:Massive, massive win. Great performance in a tough game.

That try saver from Munster and Tohu was ridiculous.
Ridiculous ..is that a good ridiculous ?
Of course. More unbelievable than anything. How Tohu got there and managed to keep him out I'll never know.

Thought so :-D :-D great play
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tohu Harris... I'm running out of compliments for this guy, we should sign him for life he is just such a clever footballer, and is close to the best forward in the competition, was unreal again tonight and that try saver didn't really surprise me, it's just Tohu these days!! Love this guy!! Great win, I really liked what I saw from NAS and Blake Green had a ripper aswell, tough grind but was one that sent a message out to be rest of the NRL not to write us off!!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I have just woken here in USA to this fabulous news. Super win. A shame about Ben's injury, as he would have been pencilled in for the 7 or 9 during Origjn. Somehow however this suoerb team of ours will find a way.

Any other apparent injury or suspension concerns ?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

RobbieRoss wrote:I have just woken here in USA to this fabulous news. Super win. A shame about Ben's injury, as he would have been pencilled in for the 7 or 9 during Origjn. Somehow however this suoerb team of ours will find a way.

Any other apparent injury or suspension concerns ?
Hopefully isn't out for long. His tackle on Linnet may well have kept us in the game when the Cowboys were on a roll.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Tohu Harris... I'm running out of compliments for this guy, we should sign him for life he is just such a clever footballer, and is close to the best forward in the competition, was unreal again tonight and that try saver didn't really surprise me, it's just Tohu these days!! Love this guy!!
Tohu has pretty much become my favourite player. Just a joy to watch.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu is starting to impact fg like he did NYC and that's just scary because he's still got a lot of years ahead of him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I still think the Cowboys have another gear, which we need to find if we're going to make any noise in the playoffs. But goddamn we deserve a lot of praise tonight with how we defended. They are by far the most lethal team in the comp, with weapons all over the field and they were still only able to score one try from a set play against us. The fact that we're doing it with a makeshift backline is ridiculous really.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

The Cowboys were out for the count when they were really running out of puff near the last 15-10mins.
I mean both sides were really struggling but Cowboys were really sucking in the big ones.
The Cowboys kicking game sort of fell flat in the end and they really ran out of ideas.
Storm were too strong and out muscled the Cowboys pack.
Entertaining game, could of gone either way, felt like we were suffering badly with bad call from the refs (and yes, we know they are only human, but they really had a loose handling of their decision making tonight) but Storm deserved the win with great D and being too clinical when it came to hitups and tackling.
Our players coming up to cover our injury ravaged backline may not be the most notable or memorable players in the NRL. But they have ample of ability and talent and any team are most welcome to right them off and scoff at them at their peril.
Go the Storm!!!
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We really have to lock up NAS. He keeps getting better and wreaking havoc at times. If Bellamy is pissed at the NRL for losing Koro he'd be fuming if NAS goes to rugby too.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great game. Glad I made the trip up - was a pretty good experience. Never been to Suncorp Stadium before.

Just so happened to be on the same Tigerair flight home as Cameron Munster, Jesse and Kenny, Felise and Francis Tualau.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

64 tackles by Smith...

6 tackle breaks by Tohu.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can't think of anyone who had a bad game. Glasby was sensational although he hardly gets a rate playing with the international-calibre forward pack we have. Hope Hampton makes it back sooner than later. His efforts in defence have improved astronomically compared to years past.
Great support from the fans up there too and especially any Melbourne supporters who made the trip up. I hope they also enjoyed watching Manly get taken apart.