Round 8 vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Brian
Squall
Squall

NevilleB wrote:Shame about youngs injury. He was great.

The crowd was a bit disappointing for an anzac game. Only 21k
Still a Monday night game with Work and School the next day.I thought it was a good crowd considering :)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cheyse Blair an option for next weekend with Young sidelined...or do we push T in to Centre...but take away for his great work from the back row or put Hampton into the centres again ?

Is Blair fit enough or in enough form to play ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Media trying to make something of Cam touching the ref. Ref was between him and dummy half and he just eased himself around - ref shouldn't be there. I hope nothing comes of it.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cam has got the all clear
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

League Unlimited will be in meltdown.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was a ridiculous thing to try to make something of. All Cam was doing was getting to dummy half. The ref was in his way, he was lucky Cam didn't push him over to get there. As it was, he just eased himself past. Yet I seen phrases such as lucky to escape punishment used. What a joke! If it was the hooker for any Sydney club it would be no issue!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harris Receives Deserved Praise
melbournestorm.com.au

Tohu Harris is awarded the Spirit of ANZAC Day medal.

Craig Bellamy is not one who delivers praise lightly but when you receive it you can be assured it is well deserved.

On a night of near complete performances, Tohu Harris managed to stand out from the rest.

Everything clicked into gear for Storm as they recorded a memorable 42-0 ANZAC Day win over the Warriors.

Harris was at his brilliant best, leading the way with a game-high 228 metres after opened the scoring with the game’s first try on four minutes.

His effort was rightly award with the Spirit of ANZAC medal for being named best afield.

“He was outstanding. We had a lot of ball early and I remember asking how many runs he’d made. He’d had about seven in the first 12 minutes, that is a terrific work rate.” coach Craig Bellamy said.

“He’s been really consistent for us, he plays 80 minutes every week and his start to the game today really lead the way for us.

“He had a certain role there tonight, a little bit different to what he usually has and he went out and did it really well. We are proud of him tonight I am sure he is really proud to win the medal as well.”

----------

The most underrated player in our team. Well done Tohu, very much deserved.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He is the only player who could push Jesse Bromwich for player of the year based on the first 8 rounds.

Also, watched the game again - did someone finally get KP to understand that he's big? He's running forwards and through the line all of a sudden, instead of hitting the line and facing backwards then taking 10 seconds to get untangled as he has for the past few years.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I guess the worst thing to take out of this game is that the kiddies at half time could have put 50 on the Warriors last night.

In saying that I think our foot never came off the pedal, we never got complacent or gave away stupid penalties. Our finishing needs some polish but we still put on 42 points. Many positives to take from this game

Every forward was oustanding, I am glad to be eating some humble pie... Hampton had some great defensive efforts too.

Marika's knee must be made of rubber, I was on the verge of tears watching him out there on the floor. What an absolute beast, hopefully Suli is half the success story for us and we will be very happy