Did Vunivalu Do Enough?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will he stay in the side when Young T returns? Can either play centre, does anyone know?
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think he did enough but Young T has been our best back this season so far for me so its a big call. Thats why Bellamy get paid the big bucks!!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy insinuated post game that Suli would be hard to remove from first grade after such a solid start. We'll see. Hopefully he gets another run this week.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That's a really good question. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them playing at centre and dropping Hampton back to the bench as an impact player.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No I don't think Young deserves to be dropped. He's been great this year. Suli will just have to bide his time.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently 2 try's on debut is enough to get dropped...how dumb
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The kid is 20 years old. One swallow doesn't make a summer. He debuted, and played a blinder, against a team in contention for the wooden spoon.

Let him cut his teeth in Intrust Super Cup. He's still learning the game. Not ready for marking up against the Vatuveis, Feldts and Oates of this world
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

LESStar58 wrote:The kid is 20 years old. One swallow doesn't make a summer. He debuted, and played a blinder, against a team in contention for the wooden spoon.

Let him cut his teeth in Intrust Super Cup. He's still learning the game. Not ready for marking up against the Vatuveis, Feldts and Oates of this world
I agree with LESStar58, it would be a "feel good story" if Suli would continue, but there is much for the young players to learn. Sometimes they get a lucky break, but for Suli it would always be a 50/50 of him either making the team or back to the QLD Cup.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gaiscioch wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:The kid is 20 years old. One swallow doesn't make a summer. He debuted, and played a blinder, against a team in contention for the wooden spoon.

I agree with LESStar58, it would be a "feel good story" if Suli would continue, but there is much for the young players to learn. Sometimes they get a lucky break, but for Suli it would always be a 50/50 of him either making the team or back to the QLD Cup.
The only rookie in Storm history who made an immediate impact on debut was Israel Folau and there's not too many players in the NRL who have done that.

Suli was rock solid but he's young and raw. He'll benefit from being in our system in the long run. Will he end up like Radradra, Tuqiri or Noa Nadruku though? Hard to answer. It's imperative that the NRL as a whole nurture the young Fijians like him or they'll be lost to rugby.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

He's definitely a super star it all depends how he holds himself off the field as much as he will on the field and I'm sure he'll do both well. he's a great player who is working on his Rugby League trade still learning lots. Be great to see him in full stride being a regular one day :-)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He can go back to Q Cup in the knowledge that he's probably done enough to be next man in if there is an injury or a suspension. He certainly hasn't done his claims any harm although his defensive reads do trouble me a bit.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He had a very good debut game, no doubt, but geez it's a bit rich for us to think he's suddenly a superstar and automatic selection. He's shown he's a very capable back up, and we can confidently bring him in if need, but I'm happy enough that hé's still got some development to do
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote:He had a very good debut game, no doubt, but geez it's a bit rich for us to think he's suddenly a superstar and automatic selection. He's shown he's a very capable back up, and we can confidently bring him in if need, but I'm happy enough that hé's still got some development to do
Whatever we like to call him, he's etched his name into the record books. Congrats to Suliasi for taking the Club Record for most Tries :-)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow.

I am eating my words big time!

Took Vatuvei to the clinic on ANZAC day and we would have been hailing his performance against the Broncos even more if Oates hadn't been knocked out!

Suli is a special kid. I'm absolutely thrilled for him.

Also, let this be a further lesson as to why we shouldn't get bent out of shape if a playet switches codes; there's plenty of kids who WANT the opportunity to play first grade and be bigger stars than the players that leave.

Israel Folau should never have been allowed to played Origin in 2010 after he went to AFL. My opinion is that if you leave you shouldn't be allowed to come back.

Hayne, believe it or not, is an exception to the rule for me. His return has been massive for the Titans and the hame as a whole.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Agreed his return has been massive for the hame. Not sure about the game though.
Sorry couldn't resist.