Round 7 vs Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Have Suli and/or NAS been charged does anyone know?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Vunivalu's try after 58 sec was a record for a player on debut.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Have Suli and/or NAS been charged does anyone know?
Not formally announced until tomorrow I believe? I'd be very surprised if it was different to;

Suli - Careless Grade 1 - 75 points. Free to play with early plea.
NAS - Tripping Grade 1 - 75 points. Free to play with early plea. PENDING carry-over points.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS would have carry over points - was suspended three times last year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was a stupid move. Had he just stuck his butt out instead he would've gotten away with it.

The Suli charge is ridiculous considering he was going into make a legal tackle before Tedesco slipped. What else was he suppose to do there?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NRL have released charges:
NAS Grade 1 Base 75 points up to 120 due to bad record but with an early plea down to 90 points and able to play ANZAC Day.

No charge for Suli.
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter you just pipped me :)

Only NAS charged - 90 points for early Guilty.

"Meanwhile Canterbury's Tim Browne and Melbourne's Nelson Asofa-Solomona are both free to play on the weekend if they accept early guilty pleas for tripping charges."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/conte ... 0948270147

Apparently a grade 1 tripping charge is 120 base points, not 90... I thought it was more than 90, but that is what is listed on the NRL website.

Anyway, our club says that NAS is free to play with an early guilty plea. Which is great news, as we will definitely need him against the Warriors.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Far out I am slow... and thanks for the clarification RE points Scooter.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

thanks guys
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero - Grade 1 tripping has 75 base penalty points but NAS had a 20% loading for prior non similar offences.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry... but NAS should be sitting down for a week at best. Could have broken Moses leg.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:Sorry... but NAS should be sitting down for a week at best. Could have broken Moses leg.
Have to agree with that. Would be absolutely filthy if it was one of our players taken out.

Glad Mr Suli didn't get charged for a player falling into his shoulder.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Sorry... but NAS should be sitting down for a week at best. Could have broken Moses leg.
Have to agree with that. Would be absolutely filthy if it was one of our players taken out.
I really can't tell if you're both joking or not, but I will just assume that you are given that Moses was in more danger of giving himself whiplash after slipping on the grass than having anything broken by NAS! The on-field penalty for the ATTEMPTED trip, loss of possession, an assumed spray by Bellamy, and now some carry over points is sufficient penalty in my opinion. BUT, he only has himself to blame for what already appears to be a bad reputation with the refs.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Having watched the game again I think Cooper and Cam really stood up in the second half. The whole team lifted and played near perfect in terms of handling.
Tohu has been in great form to start this season and I thought Proctor really troubled the Tigers yesterday.
Munster really needs to anticipate broken play and offloads. I can't remember him bursting into the backfield off an offload. At the same age Billy was everywhere.
I was impressed with Kennar and Vunivalu although I think the Tigers didn't really take advantage of that inexperience.
3 - Proctor
2 - Harris
1 - Cronk