Round 7 vs Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli on report for that Tedesco hit? lima lima lima duck me!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How did Klein miss that penalty? The ball hits the player in an offside position and he keeps the tackle count going? Muppet.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Started well in the second half but just reverted back to the Storm of 2016.

Klein also reverting back to form missing a number of obvious calls.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Smith deserves to be dropped for that.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

What a disgrace.
I'll take the two points, but other than that and Suli's debut there was not a single positive out of that game.
Pathetic.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What the frack was Smith thinking!?!?

I'll take the win though.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Terrible performance, Suli was great on debut but other than that, take the 2 and move onto next week and never discuss that again, Cronk nicely done with the FG too, does the guy ever miss?
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We won but I'm not excited just relieved. One stat just pointed out by the foxtel crew - we are the only team not to let in more than 20 points - so if we can get our attack working (Cronk make a decision PLEASE) we are a chance.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our best bet is to have games like this where the other team plays as shit as we do and then hope to out execute them in the big moments. I have no idea how Moses missed that FG right in front but we were very fortunate.

We don't look to be having any fun out there when we play. Everyone just seems to be going through the motions waiting for something to happen.

Anyone else think Smith needs to have a rest halfway through the game? He's been terrible this year and I wonder if his body just isn't up for 80 minutes anymore.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our pack had some really impressive numbers

J Brom - 222 metres, 35 tackles, 3 offloads
Harris - 175 metres, 49 tackles, 1 offload
Finucane - 144 metres, 55 tackles, 1 offload

Proc, NAS & Macca also ran for over 100 metres each, our pack is quite under rated and definitely the reason we stay in games while the spine is playing so poorly.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hinchy used to come on and do some dumby half runs, tackles etc. Smith was still on the field but he was not as involved, so could have a bit of a rest. This year know Hinchy and he is getting older
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Our pack had some really impressive numbers

J Brom - 222 metres, 35 tackles, 3 offloads
Harris - 175 metres, 49 tackles, 1 offload
Finucane - 144 metres, 55 tackles, 1 offload

Proc, NAS & Macca also ran for over 100 metres each, our pack is quite under rated and definitely the reason we stay in games while the spine is playing so poorly.
Yep, our forwards are keeping us in it. Our spine is our primary issue but we have no real hope with our backline either.

The forwards get us in good position, then our clunky, easy-to-read attack just coughs the ball up.

We are cringe-worthy to watch at the moment.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

When we finally get or shit together they will we unbeatable because we are playing so bad and still wining, keeping us up the table which is really pleasing could be loosing and down the bottom. So I wait for the lights to turn on.

Go Storm.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All right, new game plan:

Give the ball to Jesse Bromwich!

That is all, he's the only one who makes metres every run.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is this season an exercise in futility? Looks to me like the Bronc's are the ONLY team this year (but we'll rise and beat them whenever and wherever), just need to win enough to meet them in the GF.

Suli on report, for effs sake, didn't those asrehole nine commentators go on and on about it.

If Finucane had stayed down instead of getting up feeling his neck would they have looked more closely at it. I bet those hooking grubs, Ennis and Farrah would've stayed down.

Only reason Cronk scored after half time is because he DIDN'T throw a dummy. (Good decision from the bunker too. To often they rule those the other way)

Do we have any other kickers?

Great pass from Munster just before half time putting NAS? into a big hole, first i think i've seen from our team this year!

Are we gunna be a great team come origin time?