Round 2 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunday 13th March
6:30pm
AAMI Park

1. Billy Slater
2. Young Tonumaipea
3. Will Chambers
4. Cameron Munster
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jordan McLean
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenneath Bromwich
15. Tim Glasby
16. Felise Kaufusi
17. Christian Welch

This is the named team. Young is probably under pressure to hold his spot after his poor start last week.

The only other possible change is NAS in for Welch or Kaufusi (last week 12 & 19 minutes respectively - both with only 3 runs).

With the reduction in interchanges and new shot clocks, I am so glad we have Tohu to lock down one edge. His value to the team is hard to overstate.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Titans
1 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 Josh Hoffman
4 Nathan Davis
5 John Olive
6 Tyrone Roberts
7 Ashley Taylor
8 David Shillington
9 Nathan Friend (c)
10 Agnatius Paasi
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris McQueen
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Eddy Pettybourne
15 Ryan James
16 Leivaha Pulu
17 Daniel Mortimer
18 Luke Douglas
19 Will Zillman (c)

Notes from nrl.com

Will Zillman (calf) and Luke Douglas (suspension) have been included on an extended bench for the Titans, who have named the same 1-17 that smashed Newcastle in Round 1.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

danger game. Titans always come to play in Melbourne. Craig needs to have our boys super fired up to not be embarrassed again by the Titans on our home ground.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The fact that Bellamy wastes half the bench is somewhat annoying when you look at how impactful they can be. Both NAS and even Hampton could have more impact in 12 minutes than what Welch ever will.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed Storm Spirit. This game is all about attitude and effort.

Last year we were extremely poor against the lesser teams, often due to a poor attitude and lazy efforts in game. Almost like we expected to win so we don't have to try that hard... Time and time again we had our pants pulled down.

Hopefully the boys have learnt this lesson from last year and show up ready to go from the kick-off. I have heard both Craig and Smithy touch on this in a number of interviews, so they are obviously well aware of it... Actually turning that into action on the field though, is another question.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yes I have to admit - the Titan's games always get me a bit edgy - they always come to play thats for sure
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Sunday 13th March
6:30pm
AAMI Park

1. Billy Slater
2. Young Tonumaipea
3. Will Chambers
4. Cameron Munster
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jordan McLean
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenneath Bromwich
15. Tim Glasby
16. Felise Kaufusi
17. Christian Welch

This is the named team. Young is probably under pressure to hold his spot after his poor start last week.

The only other possible change is NAS in for Welch or Kaufusi (last week 12 & 19 minutes respectively - both with only 3 runs).

With the reduction in interchanges and new shot clocks, I am so glad we have Tohu to lock down one edge. His value to the team is hard to overstate.
With the reduction of interchanges I will find it even harder to understand this year blokes coming on for 12 and 19 mins of game time.
Same old dog with same old tricks?
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:The fact that Bellamy wastes half the bench is somewhat annoying when you look at how impactful they can be. Both NAS and even Hampton could have more impact in 12 minutes than what Welch ever will.
I think this is a very good point. Either make proper use of the big forwards and get them punching holes or get an x factor player like hampton in to change things up a bit. I trust that Craig has a plan, but I'd love to see our attack change up a bit. Might take some pressure off the big 3 having an extra playmaker on the field (though I don't know if pressure is ever a problem for any of them).
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

NAS has to be in the line up and play 30+ mins . I get nervous about playing these bottom dwelling teams .
Munster needs to just do his job and try not to get to fancy .
Storm by 18
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

pretty sure the easts tigers and falcons game is sat with 11 named so we will be able to tell after that game is played who is in contention
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NAS needs to do error free footy particulaly when coming out of our half love him but the errors kill.
Dont know how he went last week better than his trail form i hope.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As mentioned in another thread, NAS got better the longer he was on the field last week but his handling was pretty bad early on, dropping the ball in consecutive hit ups at one stage in the 2nd half.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair, Hawkins, Vunivalu, WELCH and Britt playing for Easts

Tumusa, Kennar, NAS and Stimson for Falcons

That means, one of Hampton, Tualau or Scott will probably come into the team.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bushman wrote:NAS needs to do error free footy particulaly when coming out of our half love him but the errors kill.
Dont know how he went last week better than his trail form i hope.
Mclean needs to get the errors out of his game too. Always looking where he wants to run before he catches.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

McLean has been somewhat of a disappointment the last 12 months.
Mattpoet wrote:Blair, Hawkins, Vunivalu, WELCH and Britt playing for Easts

Tumusa, Kennar, NAS and Stimson for Falcons

That means, one of Hampton, Tualau or Scott will probably come into the team.
Thanks for that was just wondering you played today. Hmmm very interesting. I'd be perfectly fine if all three played.