Final Trial - Bulldogs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:I don't think we need a utility player with Tohu in the starting side. I'd rather have another big fella coming off the bench to punch holes through the middle.
This 100%

Particularly now that there are rule changes to speed the game up AND reduced interchange. Any teams carrying a utility may be at greater risk of being found out up the middle.

From an attack perspective, a quick young player coming off the bench at the end of each half has merit. But Craig has almost always preferred defence-oriented solutions and this one is too much of a risk in my opinion.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haven't seen it mentioned on twitter so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Danger D wrote:I don't think we need a utility player with Tohu in the starting side. I'd rather have another big fella coming off the bench to punch holes through the middle. We've got some spark in our backs with Billy, Koro, Munster and Chambers who are more than capable of taking advantage of any tired opposition forwards.
Sure. But if the choice is between having Hampton as utility or Matt White as the 4th forward coming off the bench, you know which one I'd rather.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with Danger D that we don't need a utility on the bench just for the sake of having a utility on the bench. As well as Tohu's flexibility if needed I think Kenny could play hooker.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with that too. I just think having a small guy off the bench could work against some teams.

Anyway...Looks like the game will be streamed on the Storm website. Great news!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Anyway...Looks like the game will be streamed on the Storm website. Great news!
That is great news, thanks for the heads up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thunderbolts drew 36-36
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The stream isn't working. Argh
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rugby League in this country is not tech savvy at all. It is quite embarrassing honestly...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyway, Bulldogs are up 4-0 with a try to Sam Perrett. 31 minutes in.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reports on Twitter, the Dogs are busting us open up the middle and scored under the posts through Kasiano.

10-0 to the Dogs. 3 minutes from halftime.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Live stream is up... F*cking finally...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bulldogs forwards are completely dominating us (in the 5 minutes the stream has been up anyway). Josh Jackson strolls over on the right edge/our left defensive edge.

Bulldogs 16-0. 54 minutes gone.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Video stream is unwatchable... I could tolerate grainy, bigfoot- style quality but it's jumping/freezing every few seconds. Piss poor effort from the clubs on the streaming.

Back to monitoring Twitter updates.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The videos they've used on the main site and the club sites have been rubbish for years. No idea why they can't just use youtube or the livestreams one like they did a few years ago.

I gave up when the steam stopped ever 5 seconds and now a loud squeaky noise. The bits I did see weren't impressive.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Get's me so f*cking frustrated...

I managed to see one completed set where we were tackled on the last. Other than that, dropped ball... In 20-odd minutes of play.