Final Trial - Bulldogs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs
Saturday 20 February, 5:30pm
Belmore Sports Ground

1. Young Tonumaipea
2. Curtis Scott
3. Richie Kennar
4. Will Chambers
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Jordan McLean
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Ben Hampton
15. Tim Glasby
16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
17. Francis Tualau
18. Matt White
19. Kenny Bromwich
20. Felise Kaufusi
21. Jeremy Hawkins
22. Tony Tumusa
28. Matt Grieve (Sunshine Coast Falcons)

Near full strength for the final trial. Slater and Munster obviously missing. Slater should be right for Round 1, Munster Round 1 or 2.

Will be very interesting to see who plays centre if Munster is unavailable for Round 1, then once he is back, who plays right wing.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

no chase blair? is he injured?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NevilleB wrote:no chase blair? is he injured?
Probably just giving Chambers some trial time...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we should be concerned about Slater's body not holding up for 20+ games. Injury was 8 months ago and he still might not be ready for round 1? Hmmmm....

Unless I'm reading Bellamy wrong it looks like Scott is the front runner for the vacant wing spot. Munster to be a direct swap with Kennar in the centres. Also think Hampton will be the new utility player. Which I'm sure people will love.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am not a big Hampton fan, but I think he will be good at the utility player. If he comes on late in the half when the players are tried, he will able to use his speed. He not a bad tackler and he is fourth option to kick. He will also be able to give Smith a rest at hooker with out having to take Smith off. Which is the role Cronk played for Queensland when he was on the bench. As long as he does not control the game, I think it could work well
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:I am not a big Hampton fan, but I think he will be good at the utility player. If he comes on late in the half when the players are tried, he will able to use his speed. He not a bad tackler and he is fourth option to kick. He will also be able to give Smith a rest at hooker with out having to take Smith off. Which is the role Cronk played for Queensland when he was on the bench. As long as he does not control the game, I think it could work well
not a bad tackler...???

I've seen better tackles laid by the turnstile at my local Woolies....

Now Finchy....he's bloke who could a MAGNIFICENT tackle.....so Hampton should pay Finchy to tutor him personally on tackling technique for 12 months
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Considering his size, he's shown to be pretty good tackler.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Considering his size, he's shown to be pretty good tackler.
we have different opinions of what's good...

but each to his own...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hampton makes 86.49% of tackles attempted.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is that just looking at his tackles/miss tackles on nrl.com or is there a site that has those numbers? Would actually be pretty cool if there was.

Anyway. I think there are more problems in his game than being concerned about his defence.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've tracked stats for years. That's the only reason I have them. As far as I know, there is no site that has complete stats for careers.

There are plenty of problems in his game, I was just putting the numbers out there. Others can consider them good or bad for his size.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ah cool. Just looking at last year, he and Cronk both made roughly 90% of their tackles going off nrl.com's stats. Obviously one a larger sample size than the other.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mine covers his career which obviously includes those games at fullback where he had to go for more one on one tackles
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't think we need a utility player with Tohu in the starting side. I'd rather have another big fella coming off the bench to punch holes through the middle. We've got some spark in our backs with Billy, Koro, Munster and Chambers who are more than capable of taking advantage of any tired opposition forwards.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anyone know if this game will be available to watch online, storm or dogs website?