The value of my membership

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Phillip Island Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

They just keep stripping away the value in the membership. First it was take one home game away and now we can't get to see our emerging players in the U20.

Where will this stop?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, they announced it last year, it's why the under age academy is based on the Sunshine Coast - they're playing out of there.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Point is the 20s comp is being scraped by the nrl in 2017 then all our players will have no where to go play in this way they are playing and training with the Sunshine Coast Falcons and we can keep them in our system ....it sucks but it's better then nothing
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm still suspicious, it's exactly how they's word it if a relocation was on the cards too.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:I'm still suspicious, it's exactly how they's word it if a relocation was on the cards too.
So sick of hearing this. The club is not relocating.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:I'm still suspicious, it's exactly how they's word it if a relocation was on the cards too.
So sick of hearing this. The club is not relocating.
agreed.

losing the "generic" support of 3 million people...and the specific support of 18,000 members.

dumb dumb dumb. dumb...did I say dumb....

wont happen.

full stop.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rather than start a new thread... Congrats to the club on a fantastic achievement! Now - All the way to 25K ;D

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ip-record/

Storm break membership record
melbournestorm.com.au
1 Mar 2018, 02:59 PM

Ten days out from the start of the 2018 season, Melbourne Storm have broken their membership record!

The purple army now stands at 20, 508 which surpasses the all-time tally that was reached last season.

To break the membership record before a ball has even been kicked in 2018 is a significant boost for Storm of the back of an unforgettable Premiership year in 2017.

Now the target turns to 25,000.

So make sure you get your family, friends and significant others to sign up and join the Storm family in time for the start of the 2018 season.

With all new items in your membership pack, exclusive Club news as well as access to every home game at AAMI Park there simply is nothing better than being a Storm member.

Melbourne Storm will play their first home game of the season at AAMI Park in Round 2 against Wests Tigers on March 17.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not a fan of how they count one game membership and pet membership in those numbers though
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NevilleB wrote:Not a fan of how they count one game membership and pet membership in those numbers though
Why not? The AFL have been counting pet memberships for years.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I made the same argument to someone about the pet membership and was told that the NRL doesn't count pet memberships anymore (looking at you Souths/Broncos). Only ticketed memberships... The one game membership point would obviously still stand.

I cannot find any clear guidance though on how the numbers are comprised. Knowing the NRL, they leave it up to the clubs to determine with no definition on how numbers are to be reported.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm reaches 25,000 record

melbournestorm.com.au
Tue 7 Aug 2018

Melbourne Storm is today proud to announce it has surpassed 25,000 members for the first time in the Club's history.

It's the eighth consecutive season Storm have broken their membership record, a period in which the Club reached a Preliminary Final in 2015 and back-to-back grand finals, including a Premiership in 2017.

The official current tally of 25,100 is the fourth highest membership base in the NRL.

The rise in membership has coincided with Melbourne Storm being the second most watched sporting Club on Australia television, with a cumulative TV audience of 17.5 million across Channel Nine and Fox Sports in 2017.

Average attendances at Melbourne Storm home games have also grown year on year for the last five consecutive seasons.

It is fitting that this year's target of 25,000 members has been achieved in the same year the Club is celebrating its 20-year anniversary.

Melburnians have embraced Storm with open arms across two decades, which has allowed this team to become a fabric of this sports-mad city and the purple army to now reach the record number it has today.

Storm CEO Dave Donaghy expressed the Club's gratitude to every member for their support and pointed to the enormous opportunity the Club has to continue breaking targets.

"Melbourne Storm would not stand proudly where it is today if it were not for our incredible members and the unwavering support they have shown us over 20 years.

"We play in the greatest city in the world, for the best fans in the world, in a world class stadium. When Storm home games are a sea of purple, there is simply nothing quite like it. The Club set a bold target of 25,000 and we're delighted we've been able to achieve the milestone together.

"Our goal is to now have the biggest membership base in the NRL and with a new generation of young, exciting players ready to take this football team into the future, we know there is an exciting opportunity right now for all Melbournians and the wider Storm family to be part of this next era of sustained success.

"We will now set ourselves for a massive finish to the home and away season - with three of our last four games at AAMI Park including this Sunday afternoon's blockbuster against the Sharks."

Storm's Membership Growth - By the Numbers:

2018: 25,100
2017: 20,507
2016: 17,518
2015: 15,704
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Average attendances at Melbourne Storm home games have also grown year on year for the last five consecutive seasons.
Not sure if that is right though... Or how the figures are compiled when you consider 'home' games that are sold off.

https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/melbourne.html

2018 (so far) - 17,559
2017 - 18,375
2016 - 18,079
2015 - 13,453
2014 - 14,894
2013 - 16,302

Historically we have seen a bump in our home attendance average crowds following a Premiership. Whilst this year is still to play out fully, it may be the exception.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My membership value has just been decreasing since moving to Aami I believe, also coincides with ownership changes etc whatever. I guess it's a business afterall.

I'll stick to my quad membership, as long as I get finals tix I'm happy now. Could not justify the $ for full season anymore
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:
NevilleB wrote:Not a fan of how they count one game membership and pet membership in those numbers though
Why not? The AFL have been counting pet memberships for years.
No they don't. Only membership that are worth game entry and above $50 are counted.