2016 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mine showed up today. Must say it was a surprise when they sent the email. Bumper sticker on the car already. The members cap is very nice. All purple with gold trim on the peak. Just have to wait 3 months for the season to kick off now! :-(
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did anyone else not get a new card? I was sent the letter saying my card is included but then got an email from the club explaining that the 2015 one can be re-used.

Have seen some people getting new cards though. Does anyone know why this is?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

My wife and I got new cards, but it does say on the back that this a permanent card please do not destroy. So I think this will be the last year of new cards. We only have a GA membership
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it might have something to do with Lightning Rewards. I registered for Lightning Rewards and didn't get a new card but my kids who didn't register for Lightning Rewards did get new cards. I was going to wait until my wife got her pack before ringing the Storm to query them.

GlennB I think last year's card also said it was a permanent card and not to destroy. I don't think it should have anything to do with Lightning Rewards, if we have permanent cards from last year it seems a waste to send out new cards.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Last year's ones were supposed to be permanent - which I don't like because I like getting a new one each year with a new design. Didn't expect to get a new one exactly the same this year.

I wonder how long it'll take before the membership sticker peels off my car this year. Seems like it starts peeling off after a couple of months and I have to get a replacement. Does anyone else have this issue?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have four car stickers in our car. All but one peel off every year. My wife walk to work and only drives her car on weekends. It sits in the weather the rest of the time and the sticker does not peel off. Five weeks ago she got a new job and now drives to work, the sticker has now started to peel off. I wonder if it has to do with exhaust fumes from traffic more than being exposed to weather.

Either way, I agree they start peeling really quickly and it is annoying. How do you get a replacement absentee?
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Received my membership as well but although the cap is a better colour than last year, it's too small for my fat head. Last years cap was perfect. A call to the storm office aan I was told I was the second caller with this issue.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:How do you get a replacement absentee?
Just contact the membership department and they'll send one out. I think they used to have some at the membership tent on game day but last time I was after a new sticker they didn't have them there.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks absentee. I will be doing that
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My wife's membership pack arrived today and she received a new card. So obviously "permanent" cards from last year were only permanent if you registered for Lightning Rewards. My wife and kids didn't register and got new cards. I registered and didn't get a new card.

Seems like a waste of money if they replace "permanent" cards from last year with new ones simply because you haven't registered for Lightning Rewards. I assumed that saving money was one reason they issued permanent cards but it must have been purely for Lightning Rewards purposes.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Let's hope the car stickers actually last more than a few months this time.
My Richmond membership sticker from 2015 is still as vivid as the day it arrived and my Storm one peeled off months ago.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My 2015 sticker is still going strong.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

my 2013,14,15 and now 16 stickers are on my back window. happily driving around sadelaide showing them off.