2016 Draw

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2016 Storm Draw
Round 1 - Storm v Dragons, AAMI Park - Monday 7 March, 7pm
Round 2 - Storm v Titans, AAMI Park - Sunday 13 March, 6:30pm
Round 3 - Warriors v Storm, Mt Smart Stadium - Sunday 20 March, 4pm
Round 4 - Sharks v Storm, Shark Park - Monday 28 March, 7pm
Round 5 - Storm v Knights, AAMI Park - Saturday 2 April, 3pm
Round 6 - Storm v Bulldogs, AAMI Park - Monday 11 April, 7pm
Round 7 - Tigers v Storm, Leichhardt Oval - Sunday 17 April, 4pm
Round 8 - Storm v Warriors, AAMI Park - Monday 25 April, 7pm
Round 9 - Titans v Storm, Cbus Super Stadium - Sunday 1 May, 2pm
Round 10 - Storm v Cowboys, Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 14 May, 5:30pm
Round 11 - Eels v Storm, Pirtek Stadium, Monday 23 May, 7pm
Round 13 - Storm v Panthers, AAMI Park, Saturday 4 June, 7:30pm
Round 14 - Roosters v Storm, Allianz Stadium, Saturday 11 June, 7:30pm
Round 15 - Dragons v Storm, WIN Stadium, Saturday 18 June, 7:30pm
Round 16 - Storm v Tigers, AAMI Park, Sunday 26 June, 4pm
Round 17 - Broncos v Storm, Suncorp Stadium, Friday 1 July, 7:50pm
Round 19 - Knights Storm, Hunter Stadium, Sunday 17 July, 2pm
Round 20 - Storm v Roosters, AAMI Park, Saturday 23 July, 7:30pm
Round 21 - Cowboys v Storm, 1300SMILES Stadium - TBA
Round 22 - Storm v Rabbitohs, AAMI Park - TBA
Round 23 - Raiders v Storm, GIO Stadium - TBA
Round 24 - Sea Eagles v Storm, Brookvale Oval - TBA
Round 25 - Storm v Broncos, AAMI Park - TBA
Round 26 - Storm v Sharks, AAMI Park - TBA
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:.

Our one home game being held away from AAMI Park is at Suncorp Stadium, against the Cowboys and as part of a double header with the Broncos v. Manly after. That's weird. Honestly I think I would have preferred another Napier game.
I suppose we have to get used to selling off at least one game but if they insist on doing so then why in the f%*k would you move it to QLD against the reigning premier? If we're gonna do it then at least make it against a team we have the best possible chance of getting those valuable 2 points for christ's sake.

Also why weren't the memberships this year reduced to a price that reflect only 11 home games? I know last year they gave an option to get a refund on that one game (which i didn't take) because they announced the move after the memberships were rolled out, but given they knew much earlier and probably last year that they'd be selling off another one then IMO they should've dropped the price. We're paying $40 a game for our memberships and while it hardly breaks the bank i can't see why we should have to pay for a game we won't be at.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oddly okay with that double header. Sure, I'd rather play the premiers at aami but will likely head up and go to the game with my uncles and cousins who are all Broncos fans.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still 5 monday games - 20 in past 3 years that makes - bloody joke!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes it is a joke. Plus we will probably get one or two more in our last 6 games.

On the bright side no Monday Night Football in 2017.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was just going to say that
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

tough back end of the draw for us.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Monday nights not good for you guys but the bright side is there are only 2 short turn-arounds in all of that?
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also why weren't the memberships this year reduced to a price that reflect only 11 home games? I know last year they gave an option to get a refund on that one game (which i didn't take) because they announced the move after the memberships were rolled out, but given they knew much earlier and probably last year that they'd be selling off another one then IMO they should've dropped the price. We're paying $40 a game for our memberships and while it hardly breaks the bank i can't see why we should have to pay for a game we won't be at

ICE, I'm with you up to a point. $40 is $40 and I'd want it back as a matter of principle. Maybe somebody would know, was the membership advertised as twelve home games? (Yeah I know, Brisbane is a home game, you just gotta get there!)

I think this totally stinks. I'm a shift worker who's lucky to get to half of the games (don't even want to think how much a game I pay) and this reduces my chances of attending even further.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The club was pretty sneaky with the pricing this year as they claimed in the initial membership letter that prices would be frozen from 2015, however we were offered $35 back for the napier game thus making 2016 significantly more expensive for only 11 games
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Like most here, I think there's too many Monday night games. Even taking away the Anzac Day game, there's still four in 20 which is one every five weeks and we are bound to get two more in the final six rounds.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Doesn't matter what organization it is the average punter gets screwed one way or another, paying for a game away sucks.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Yes it is a joke. Plus we will probably get one or two more in our last 6 games.

On the bright side no Monday Night Football in 2017.
I won’t even bother posting my full thoughts on the Monday night thing. It was always going to happen and it really is just symptomatic of the unprofessional nature of the game administration... The fact that our own club management/football department don't make a massive PUBLIC song and dance about it, is most frustrating.

Yes Monday nights are gone come 2017 but we will just move to Thursday nights and have the same problems.
Hayesee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thursday night will be free to air so we won't be playing them. NRL seem to think we will get big benefit from the 6:00 Friday night game on Foxtel. How a game no one can get to cos they're stuck in traffic and no one can watch cos they're stuck in traffic is a good thing I don't know, but that's NRL logic for you.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hayesee I was going to say the same thing about Thursday night games. Maybe they think if we have a home game at 6pm that we will be able to attract some of the AFL fans before they head to the G for Friday night football which starts at 7:50. Sounds like Friday 6pm might be Fox's "marquee" game instead of Monday night. We rate well on Fox that is main reason we get a lot of Monday night games.