Queensland Cup 2016

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons have made the following signings from Burleigh:
Ex-Panther and Rooster hooker Nafe Seluini. Seluini is 25 and has played 27 NRL games. Seluini will spend 6 weeks doing pre-season training with the Storm.
Halfback Ryley Jacks. Jacks is hopeful of spending some time training with the Storm after his commitments with Canada Wolverines for RLWC qualifiers.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Logan Houghton has also joined the Sunshine Coast Falcons.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Falcons will be better with those signings - solid state level players
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

holy shit those are good players...and logan too I really liked him this year

anyone else get the feeling easts tigers is getting pushed out and we will end up with only the falcons
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am most excited about Ryley Jacks for no other reason than the fact that he's playing for the Canadian side! The majority of the USA Tomahawks in the 2013 World Cup were park footballers or amateurs and a few of them finished the tournament with Super League contracts.

Jacks linking with SC/Melbourne is fantastic for the development of the international game and the emerging nations!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he could get on our list, it would be another nation to add to the list that Storm players have been picked for/represented. At the moment there are 21 nations that players who have been with us at some point have been picked for.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes. Good for our club honor role but better for international rugby league as a whole.

Many deride international rugby league as a Mickey Mouse competition. Not me. I'm all for a greater presence for the game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be easier to make a case for that if it wasn't so difficult to get information about results, teams and scorers (insert frustrated rant here). I basically rely on Scooter to tell me what's happened as I often can't find anything anywhere else. Scooter does a fantastic job of updating everything international rugby league by the way.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Mattpoet. I am a big fan of international rugby league. I agree it is frustrating with the lack of news, teams and scorers. I have to look at a number of Facebook pages and do a few google searches to find the information I do.

The RLEF do a good job with reporting on European matches. But the APRLC are poor.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Got a site or something, Scooter? I'm subscribed to just about any international rugby league Facebook page but you might have something different to offer.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It looks like the Qld Cup thread has been hijacked into an international thread lol.

LESStar58 I use a few websites:
rlef.eu.com
rugbyleagueplanet.com
international forum of league unlimited website
plus numerous Facebook and Twitter accounts of Rugby League nations including Philippines, Latin Heat, Lebanon etc.
then if that fails my last resort is Google.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given the number of ex-Storm players signed by the Central Queensland Capras we could almost be classified as their feeder team. That isn't a surprise given Kim Williams is taking over as Capras coach.

CQ Capras Gains with past Storm connection: Brandon Manase, Chanel Seigafo, Dane Chang, Kirisome Kirisome, John Filipo, Maipele Morseau (Inglis#3 you'd be happy with this signing seeing as you asked about Morseau during the season)

The Capras released another ex-Storm player Russell Aitken.

Norths Devils have signed Maeli Seve from Easts Tigers but have lost Krys Freeman to Newcastle Knights.

Sunshine Coast Falcons have recruited Matt Grieve from Wynnum Manly Seagulls.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:It looks like the Qld Cup thread has been hijacked into an international thread lol.

LESStar58 I use a few websites:
rlef.eu.com
rugbyleagueplanet.com
international forum of league unlimited website
plus numerous Facebook and Twitter accounts of Rugby League nations including Philippines, Latin Heat, Lebanon etc.
then if that fails my last resort is Google.
If you are on Twitter give my friend Joanna Lester a follow. She's a journo for AP currently based in PNG doing in a volunteers position linked to AusAid and she basically does all the media training for the Kumuls and the PNG Hunters. Also had a show with Steve Mascord during the World Cup and was part of the first all female panel to call a game in the NSW cup. IIRC it was Newtown vs. Illawarra and it was her, Debbie Spillane and Melinda Farrell.

You won't find a bigger crusader for the cause of international rugby league than Jo and her knowledge of the game is exemplary.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 I have been following Joanna Lester for a couple of years. I was searching on Twitter for news from an international I think it was Vanuatu v Solomon Islands or similar and found a number of tweets from Joanna so started following her.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:LESStar58 I have been following Joanna Lester for a couple of years. I was searching on Twitter for news from an international I think it was Vanuatu v Solomon Islands or similar and found a number of tweets from Joanna so started following her.
Haha! Yep. That sounds like Jo. She's told me some cracking stories like covering the Serbia vs. Italy qualifiers for the last World Cup. She's a good egg. Good to have a beer and talk footy with.