The Jerseys, Merchandise and Sponsorship Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:I get really frustrated by the fakes because the quality and accuracy is surprisingly good, especially in the last couple of years. There's usually a few ways you can tell whether one is fake or not - the NRL and club logos will typically be screen printed, sponsor logos will be ever so slightly off (close enough that most people won't notice) and it probably won't have official ISC or NRL tags. Price is probably the biggest tip-off, though. I saw an especially bad knock off at the grand final. For some reason one of the images on the official NRL online store was photoshopped - so the @storm logo was basically halved and mirrored so it looked like it said "mrorm". Obviously someone in China took that image and put together a jersey based on that.

Added a new one to the collection recently - a 2017 player issue home jersey. Really pleased with it. At a rough estimate I'd say I have over 50 jerseys, the bulk of them Storm but a few Queensland and Kangaroos jerseys as well. One day I'll get them all out and take a photo. Got a few signed ones I'd like to get framed as well.

Saw one of the away jerseys at Rebel and I'm really pleased with how it looks. Not my favourite away jersey but definitely up there with 2016/17 and the 2015 stripes. It'll look good on field, especially with the shinier player issue material. Looking forward to getting one.

I'm a little disappointed with how they've aligned the club logo on polos and other off-field gear this year. It needs to be aligned based on the shield, not the total width of the logo. The logo looks lopsided.

I'm thinking the jersey for the WCC was probably planned to be reused for the Nines tournament before it was cancelled for this year. Might as well get some use out of it. Would have preferred we wore the home jersey though.

MY current collection but will probably start selling them soon (except my Storm ones).

Bulldogs have a jersey that looks like it was going to be a Nines strip before they canned the tournament. I'm glad the WCC shirt is the same as I didn't get a 2017 Nines strip.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Impressive collection
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

So this is a thing - a special jersey for the Cam Smith/Johnathan Thurston testimonial game. Has the colours of Storm, Australia, Queensland and Norths Devils.

With this jersey and the one worn by the Cowboys the game will be a bit of a rainbow blur.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ohhh i kinda like that..i wanna see it on a play first though
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Better than the JT shirt!
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I have to say I LOVED the jerseys they wore for the trial match against Newcastle yesterday - yellow fading down into purple (image taken from NAS's Instagram).

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah I thought the same thing. Looks pretty sharp.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is it the new clash Guernsey?
Last edited by Cameron on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mahoobla wrote:I have to say I LOVED the jerseys they wore for the trial match against Newcastle yesterday - yellow fading down into purple (image taken from NAS's Instagram).

Judging by the numbers on the back I'd say they are the training jerseys.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

It’s a training jersey like the orange and navy one we had last year. I quite like it but I’m not too keen on the purple gradient and purple shorts combo. I’m sure it’ll typically only be worn with the navy training shorts which would look much better.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I also really like the training jersey. Wonder if it will be available to purchase this year.

Don't mind the Cam Smith jersey either. It's certainly better than the Cowboys monstrosity.

ISC don't sell replica playing shorts, do they? I can only ever find the cheaper, sponsorless shorts
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:Don't mind the Cam Smith jersey either. It's certainly better than the Cowboys monstrosity.
I don’t really like it :( I like the symbolism of the various clubs he has played for, but I reckon it could have been executed better. Maybe into a V. The solid lines just running straight across is just, meh...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just saw cam wearing it....I hate it
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

The testimonial jersey could have been executed a lot better - and I would have liked it to be a bit more Storm. They could have taken the new away jersey and modified the colours to include all the teams being represented. Keep the faded purple lightning bolts and make the stripes one side green and one side maroon. Make the sleeve cuffs gold and the ISC logos blue for Norths Devils.

I'm a little confused as to why Fuso didn't make it onto the retail home and away jerseys but are on the WCC and testimonial jerseys.

And no, ISC don't retail playing shorts. The training shorts are good, though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ANZAC jersey. Initial thoughts - Not bad. I will need some time to reflect on it and would like to see it worn.

https://shop.melbournestorm.com.au/anza ... zac-jersey