The Jerseys, Merchandise and Sponsorship Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh well, seem good to me
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yes, me too, Matt. I think they're very very good if a copy.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

How did you get into the vaping business Kettles?
I've been cigarette-free for eight month today since I took up vaping.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hey Tugga! Like you, I have been cigarette-free for almost exactly the same amount of time, congratulations. I couldn't believe how relatively easy it was to quit via vaping. So I was a big advocate from the start. But not a big advocate of the juices in the main. Most tasted of arse and we're outrageously priced and sold by dickhead hipsters. I knew if I researched the art and science of making juices, I could do better. So I started and I never stopped as I have a revolving range of something like 30 different flavours. I very quickly realised with so many people asking if I could sell them vaping hardware that I was also in THAT business too! Now I import a ton of vaping gear from 14 Watt MTL pens through to 220 Watt dual battery mods and everything in between. So, I have a large part of business that has a smoking cessation element to it as well as my regulars through my shop in Bentleigh (out of my home). I'm very lucky to have garnered a lot of support. I do keep it on the lowdown though, I like to fly a little under the radar for a lot of reasons, but maybe check out Shake 'n Bake Vape Juices on Google and read my reviews and check out the page on Facebook. Hope to see you down Bentleigh way one day!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Congrats to you both for getting off
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:Congrats to you both for getting off
Getting off the duries I mean. ;D
It's not easy to do.

And well done Kettles for grasping an opportunity. Very entrepreneurial. =D>
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

thank you sir, very kind.

I seriously urge that any of us STILL smoking, get the hell away from them asap.
They are as bad as anyone can imagine. 4000+ chemicals are formed when combusted and they are serious dangerous.

Vaping is the answer!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Medical Authorities warn that Smoking is a Health Hazard.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And a Wealth Hazard as well
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes, the smokes are an interesting thing. I never indulged myself but then I have always been a fitness fanatic. The idea they flogged from the 50s to 80s that it was cool to drag on a fag has to be the greatest "emperors new clothes" marketing campaign of all time. I mean, imagine killing yourself being cool? Plus smokers smell like they have slept in a trash can.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kettles wrote:thank you sir, very kind.

I seriously urge that any of us STILL smoking, get the hell away from them asap.
They are as bad as anyone can imagine. 4000+ chemicals are formed when combusted and they are serious dangerous.

Vaping is the answer!
Might need your services in the new year...
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Always just a call away, mate. Millions of people around the world have given up smoking via this easy way. Forget all the bullshit out there - patches, gum, sprays and the like are expensive and have comparatively little success, hypnosis might work, cold turkey is torture and swapping for sweets is only going to make your teeth fall out. Vaping works 'cos it's as close as you can get to smoking without smoking.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2017 nines shirt being recycled for the WCC.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Are they planning one specifically for the Smith/Thurston testimonial match? The Cows unveiled a JT one the other day.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I get really frustrated by the fakes because the quality and accuracy is surprisingly good, especially in the last couple of years. There's usually a few ways you can tell whether one is fake or not - the NRL and club logos will typically be screen printed, sponsor logos will be ever so slightly off (close enough that most people won't notice) and it probably won't have official ISC or NRL tags. Price is probably the biggest tip-off, though. I saw an especially bad knock off at the grand final. For some reason one of the images on the official NRL online store was photoshopped - so the @storm logo was basically halved and mirrored so it looked like it said "mrorm". Obviously someone in China took that image and put together a jersey based on that.

Added a new one to the collection recently - a 2017 player issue home jersey. Really pleased with it. At a rough estimate I'd say I have over 50 jerseys, the bulk of them Storm but a few Queensland and Kangaroos jerseys as well. One day I'll get them all out and take a photo. Got a few signed ones I'd like to get framed as well.

Saw one of the away jerseys at Rebel and I'm really pleased with how it looks. Not my favourite away jersey but definitely up there with 2016/17 and the 2015 stripes. It'll look good on field, especially with the shinier player issue material. Looking forward to getting one.

I'm a little disappointed with how they've aligned the club logo on polos and other off-field gear this year. It needs to be aligned based on the shield, not the total width of the logo. The logo looks lopsided.

I'm thinking the jersey for the WCC was probably planned to be reused for the Nines tournament before it was cancelled for this year. Might as well get some use out of it. Would have preferred we wore the home jersey though.