Finals Week 1 vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Not this year. He gave us absolutely no chance this week, actually picked us to lose by 20+ and now following the game has barely praised us for anything other than our ability to ruin 'his' precious sport rugby league. These fools realise they're suppose to be promoting the game where they can, right? Why aren't they focusing on Smith's coolness in his ability to kick pressure-cooker conversions from the difficult spots?
storm77
Squall
Squall

Fittler is terrible at his job. This isn't about the Storm. He is just awful.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:#DumbShitRoostersFansSay

Brad Fittler was sooking on the Sunday Footy Show and saying Melbourne should be grateful for the week off after 2 5 day turnarounds and that they shouldn't be a special case because every team has played the same amount of footy over the same number of rounds.

*lima lima lima duck* you Fittler. Idiot. And that article is brilliant btw. Thanks for sharing!
Glad i'm not the only one who noticed. I text my mate and told him exactly the same thing in regards to how stupidly dumb Fittler is. How the f*#k all teams playing 26 rounds over the same period has any relevance to our 3 games in 10 games i'll never know. It defies logic how ludicrous the comment was but at the same not entirely surprising given who it came from.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Not this year. He gave us absolutely no chance this week, actually picked us to lose by 20+ and now following the game has barely praised us for anything other than our ability to ruin 'his' precious sport rugby league. These fools realise they're suppose to be promoting the game where they can, right? Why aren't they focusing on Smith's coolness in his ability to kick pressure-cooker conversions from the difficult spots?
Agree with that. In our formative years he absolutely hated us with a passion and i still remember the vitriol he spewed about us every other week back then. But as the years went on he came around and he has had plenty of good things to say about us and actually respected the way we went about things as a club, especially the culture.

While i don't think think he's done a complete 360 back to the old days it's at least a 180 and there's been much more criticism i've noticed from him this year and especially over this weekend. I used to absolutely hate with a passion the way the Sydney media have constantly bagged us no end and while i certainly don't like it now it doesn't worry me anywhere near as much now. It means they're worried, especially at finals time and more often than not we seem to respond well with all the hatred against us. Especially our 7 and 9 ;)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gould was as bad as Fittler on the Sunday Footy Show I thought.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I like our CatchCry ..."WERUNASONE"
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Not this year. He gave us absolutely no chance this week, actually picked us to lose by 20+ and now following the game has barely praised us for anything other than our ability to ruin 'his' precious sport rugby league. These fools realise they're suppose to be promoting the game where they can, right? Why aren't they focusing on Smith's coolness in his ability to kick pressure-cooker conversions from the difficult spots?
credit where credit is due... joey gave Smithy a huge rap for his kicking and Bellamy for his coaching.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:#DumbShitRoostersFansSay

Brad Fittler was sooking on the Sunday Footy Show and saying Melbourne should be grateful for the week off after 2 5 day turnarounds and that they shouldn't be a special case because every team has played the same amount of footy over the same number of rounds.

*lima lima lima duck* you Fittler. Idiot. And that article is brilliant btw. Thanks for sharing!
Glad i'm not the only one who noticed. I text my mate and told him exactly the same thing in regards to how stupidly dumb Fittler is. How the f*#k all teams playing 26 rounds over the same period has any relevance to our 3 games in 10 games i'll never know. It defies logic how ludicrous the comment was but at the same not entirely surprising given who it came from.
the rest of the panel pulled him up on it and he just fobbed it off with the same excuse of "same amount of footy".
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Andrew Johns seems to underrate us most years but his post match analysis is always respectable.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He never pics us to win, always looks like an idiot as a result.
Be under no illusions, they all hate us.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cam's goal kicking was the difference for me. If Maloney had made that conversion, we would have been headed to golden point and with momentum the way it was I think the Roosters would have gotten the best of us.
Also, how poor was the crowd? I don't know what the total number was but I can't help but think that we would have done a much better job getting bums on seats at AAMI.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was only 33k at Saints vs Bullfilth too.

If we had the prelim at Etihad it would trounce every sydney finals crowd.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

20,000 at the Roosters/Storm game. Looking around the stadium, it was embarrassing. Perfect weather in Sydney on the weekend, absolutely perfect. So that old excuse falls by the way side.

I know I ampreaching to the choir, but the massive NSW bias needs to be removed from the game.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

all through the game warren smith was saying the game was played at a fast pace and yet gus gould was saying it was the slowest game. which is it I am confused
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:There was only 33k at Saints vs Bullfilth too.

If we had the prelim at Etihad it would trounce every sydney finals crowd.
Docklands, please no. Terrible ground for viewing and any home ground advantage we may have at Aami will disappear at the Darklands. If (as I expect) we play the Cowboys we should be praying for Aami with atrocious weather conditions!