Finals Week 1 vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The captain's run photos are up on the website and Ben Hampton is training with team. But Melbourne Storm also tweeted a photo of Cronk (in casual clothes and backpack) at the captain run and this photo is not on the webstie. Something does not add up
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Where is that post about Cronk twinging his knee. Wouldnt be surprised if it was the straw that broke the camels back - the dude has been through the wars this year
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Cronk is out forget it we're as good as gone.

But if he plays, I'll just say that a few weeks ago I started feeling like things were starting to fall our way.
Roosters & Bulldogs got big injuries, Rabbits started fading along with Cowboys and then we gt into the 4 after results went our way.
I wanted to play Roosters week 1 as I think either Sharks or us wouldve stopped them.
Now when we win this game we go into week 3 and its a home final to get into the GF.
Big call but I'm saying it, we're going all the way. Gut feeling
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Last minute decision to drive up to Syd (from Canberra) to watch the game.

This is essentially our GF and I hope like hell we have prepared as such. Smith and Cronk missing key training sessions is a big worry... hopefully Hampton is just there as cover.

Plain and simple, we have to win. I cannot see how we can possibly challenge for the title if we drop this game.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Whispers in the corridors that Pearce might make a surprise comeback from injury and play tonight. I don't think that would be in our best interests.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I heard those whispers as well, but then I heard he was still walking around in a brace two days ago. Some interesting games being played.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No chance of playing. Mind games by the Roosters. He will be back at Prelim time is my guess.

But as recent weeks show, they don't need him to get the job done and done well. Or JWH for that matter. We need to stop Moa.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Not too worried about their outside backs personally. I think if Cronk and Smith's kicking games are peaking then we'll be able to nullify them for the majority of the game.

The issue that may arise is putting down some of these big units the Roosters possess. Liu and Evans are underrated threats off the interchange and we'll have to wrap them up early and limit their impact or they'll exert some damage.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm thinking a lot of the kicks will go towards the left and out away from RTS.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Hampton is at half... we're screwed I think.
Otherwise I believe we've got enough to get home in a tight one
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I highly doubt he'd be the reason we won or lost. Reckon he's cover for Munster anyway going off the Mole tweeting a few hours ago that he has an injured leg.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree to disagree he wouldn't be a huge impact on outcome. Means no field control, no decent ball to outside backs. I think he's a poor half replacement
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

All this week on the Today program Storm were hardly mentioned, the only reason we got a mention today was to say the chooks were playing us. forget us at your peril channel 9.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Oh man do I love this time of the year. Nerves aplenty but it's nice knowing we have the safety net of a guaranteed second game. Particularly so after hearing the amount of niggles we're carrying into this game - Munster, Cronk, Smith with his virus and McLean's a walking injury right now.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Official lineup: McLean and Glasby swap between starting and bench. Finucane onto bench for Welch.